What Did You Do In The Garden?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We looked at it - the garden.

The path between the beds at home are still a muddy mess.

Took a drive to take some things to DD and went by to visit the big veggie garden. The neighbor had mowed his lawn! Wow. It did remove some of the dead grass and exposed some that is green. I guess that this might be 2021 growth. The wide expanse of trimmed lawn made for a nice setting for the garden. Another neighbor's sheep gazed at us from a distance as we walked about on the lawn. There was momentary sunshine

____ 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️ ☀️____🐑

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Before the warm spell, I spread 1/2 of a garbage can of wood ashes into the home gardens - on top of the snow. It greatly sped up the snow melt; the only snow remaining is in the shadow of the neighbor's 6-foot fence. It's good to see bare ground again, but the ground is still too wet to walk in.

Over the winter, I've been going through years of collected bills & records, purging years worth of material that is no longer relevant. Yeah, I've definitely been putting that off for awhile. :hide Everything personally identifiable was shredded, and I had to dump the shred bin several times. I chose to dump it in the yard rather than the trash, spreading it mostly on the snow over the area where DW planted new grass last Fall. It should provide added protection for the seedlings, and hopefully break down quickly... but at the moment, it is still white. That shred will probably show up in a lot of bird nests this year. 🐦

Trish Stretton

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Today was Chainsaw day!! My new chainsaw worked a treat and started first pop.

The last bits of the cabbage tree and mulberry tree got taken out. Then it was to the front yard to cut down the two trunks off the Xmas plum tree.....then over to the other side of the front yard to take out three branches/trunks of a native 'shrub' that was over hanging the driveway....then I ran out of petrol...only for my neighbour to ask when I was going to cut out a dead shrub....that is/was actually growing on her side of the boundary.

I didnt want to refill the chainsaw, so I diligently cut 'her' dead shrub out with my pruning saw. All of a couple of minutes for that one.

Then, it was load it all onto the truck, cos I just couldnt be bothered chopping it all smaller to compost.

...and the beefsteak toms got juiced, bottled and popped into the fridge.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i wasn't planning on it this morning but i ended up cleaning the rust ouf the shower. it has to be done once in a while and it wasn't quite bad as it can get but while i was in there... :)

then i had a quick lunch and went out and washed the outside windows and scrubbed some of the dirt off the garage floor where the car dropped it from the snow/sludge.

i only really planned on cleaning the windows, but i had the bucket of water left when i was done and so i swept the garage and then cleaned the floor with the left over water so it was like a freebie.

it was warm enough outside i even worked up a bit of a sweat! :) yeehaw! :)
Good work. Now how about coming over here and cleaning up my mess ;)

Last edited:

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok I did it. Seeds are actually on the heat mats. No chance I will put them out into the cold. Sometimes it pays to procrastinate. Because I had seeds too. I have ordered none this year. Lotsa different peppers and tomatoes. Ever heard of Aunt Ruby's German Green Tomato? Found some seeds. Literally a mystery where those came from.

Latest posts