What Did You Do In The Garden?

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've started to harden-off my seedlings (green beans, cabbage, lettuce, celery). I'm moving slow and very limited ability, so nothing new will be started until these are in the ground.

i know that feeling. past injuries always limit what i can get done and also other things come up which need fixing or cleaning up.

if i'm lucky i can get a garden weeded and plant some beans today. early beans, perhaps sacrificial to the frost gods, but i'll do it anyways if i can. :)

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Plants are out on the patio. It is 64. They said would get to 71. It was going to be sunny and then changed to chance of rain. They are going to spend the night out and I plan to work as much as possible in the garden tomorrow, but it depends on how much rain we do get. I have a few onions and leeks left to plant and carrots. I need to replant some lettuce and bring in some rhubarb to freeze. I might get beans planted if not to wet. DS and I were going to put the bean fence up today when he gets home.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
in the middle of trimming the tops of some cedar trees. limbing saw, loppers, ladder... taking a momentary break while the farm sprayer finishes up on the field right next to the trees i'm trimming. no, they didn't stop spraying because we were out there so we decided it was safer to come in even if the wind was blowing the other direction i still didn't want to risk it - even a momentary wind shift could have done a lot of damage.

ok, well, time to check it out again and get it done if we can...

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I cleaned up those overwintered purple broccoli and sent them to the chickens.
4129.jpg

They enjoyed.
4130.jpg

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Made the mistake of taking wife to buy vegetable starts. What was to be 12-16 pepper plants turned into 40!

@Zeedman started a few of the orange beef hearts. 7 are in garden, 2 to co-worker and more than I want to count to another person......must have gotten 200% germination.....,

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Yesterday I mowed the Inner Sanctum (fenced in area in front of the barn,) and started poisoning burdock, curly dock, chickweed and pepper weed, plus a couple of others,
Not really offended by most of these weeds, but the idea is to rid this area of whatever weeds the horses WON'T eat.
I KNOW!!! WHY?!?!?!?
The ponies and I have had Many discussions over this.
I think the math is just too hard for them. :gig

Last edited:

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have pole beans planted and the fences are up. I planted the last of the onions. I have an area ready for tomatoes. It is raining. I was going to plant carrots but that will have to wait. I planted just a few peas on a short fence. I turned the rows to run north and south instead of east and west and I think I have less room, but I do not plant o plant that many squash and cucumbers. I just need lots of room for tomatoes. I have more than I planned and peppers again. I picked a couple of small radishes this morning. Going to be cold at night for a few days.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was but we didn't transplant until late, either. Leeks & onions are out there, now.

Are you talking about seeds into the garden? I don't know, I've never done that.

I've sown both onion & shallot seed in the garden and might still put some shallot seed out there. That has worked altho shallots are not nearly the size of leeks. Still, size may not make any difference for when you use leeks in the kitchen.

Steve

Latest posts