What Did You Do In The Garden?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
:D That was just the start of her day. She mowed with the push mower and the riding mower(it was acting up, so she had to keep replacing the belt on it throughout her mowing session), then ran the weedeater on a few hillsides, picked up branches out of the yard, helped me put up trellises and plant seedlings and all kinds of other things I couldn't keep track of...she works circles around me. :th

Said her shoulders were a little stiff this morning...seemed surprised about that. ;)

Wow! :th

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well one of the fence walls around our garden fell down in the wind. I guess it's a good thing nothing was growing on it. I planned on growing cucumbers, beans, and tomatoes on the fence. I knew it wasn't that great but the one wall that I thought was best is the one that hit the ground. :he I kept telling the boys we need to get some more post and drive the ones in deeper. We didn't have a post driver so we dug a hole (with a shovel) and then used a hammer to drive the post a couple inches deeper. We then stomped the loose dirt back into the hole and around the T-post. It was also attached with zip ties.

I used to have tools but someone broke into our garage in town and stole them along with our fishing poles and gear, camping gear, a kerosene heater that was never used. We was saving it for a winter power outage. I guess I should be glad I still have a hammer and shovel.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well one of the fence walls around our garden fell down in the wind. I guess it's a good thing nothing was growing on it. I planned on growing cucumbers, beans, and tomatoes on the fence. I knew it wasn't that great but the one wall that I thought was best is the one that hit the ground. :he I kept telling the boys we need to get some more post and drive the ones in deeper. We didn't have a post driver so we dug a hole (with a shovel) and then used a hammer to drive the post a couple inches deeper. We then stomped the loose dirt back into the hole and around the T-post. It was also attached with zip ties.

I used to have tools but someone broke into our garage in town and stole them along with our fishing poles and gear, camping gear, a kerosene heater that was never used. We was saving it for a winter power outage. I guess I should be glad I still have a hammer and shovel.
Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Will you be able to build a new one soon so that you can plant?

Mary

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mary it will go up one way or another. I wouldn't even bother if wasn't for all the rabbits and deer. We have a lot of squirrels too but of course it wouldn't keep them out anyway.

The worst of the storm damage was our flooded garage. It still isn't dried out yet.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary it will go up one way or another. I wouldn't even bother if wasn't for all the rabbits and deer. We have a lot of squirrels too but of course it wouldn't keep them out anyway.

The worst of the storm damage was our flooded garage. It still isn't dried out yet.
Tell your son (s) and husband you want a new fence for Mother's Day. It might help. ;)

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score

That's rotten about having all your stuff stolen. Makes me so angry at people who steal other peoples stuff. I had a truck stolen once. Such a feeling of helpless rage.

Wish I lived close, I'd love to help with my tools. Got lots of scrap fencing too...

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score

Sorry for all the troubles. I hope you get the fence up to stay.

Latest posts