What Did You Do In The Garden?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did the classic rookie mistake of taking my seedlings outside so they could get some warmth and sun....and didn't remove the tops of the trays. Yep, what seedlings I did have are fried and shriveled and another of the trays got knocked off the porch railing by a chicken, dumped all over the floor. Then I got them all restored and replanted and put that cover right back on....what few seedlings that were in that tray are now withered, white little strings.
Mama said there'd be days like this......
th.gif
Guess I'll be getting things out into the garden late, if I can at all. What was I thinking????? :he

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I totally understand, Bee. Been there: done that!

One special time that stays in my nightmares was when I took all 12 seedling boxes out for a sunning. Son's dogs ran over the bed and tipped the seedlings out. I could easily put the seedlings back, but my carefully planned system of labeling the seedlings was history. I could tell the coles from the tomatoes, but which of the 98 (X6) tomato seedling was which?

Yes, I could identify the melons from the cantaloupe from the squash, but which melons were the rare yellow, which would crawl across the garden and which was the neat bushing variety? That year's garden was a continual surprise.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did the classic rookie mistake of taking my seedlings outside so they could get some warmth and sun....and didn't remove the tops of the trays. Yep, what seedlings I did have are fried and shriveled and another of the trays got knocked off the porch railing by a chicken, dumped all over the floor. Then I got them all restored and replanted and put that cover right back on....what few seedlings that were in that tray are now withered, white little strings.
Mama said there'd be days like this......
th.gif
Guess I'll be getting things out into the garden late, if I can at all. What was I thinking????? :he
I can't get that song out of my head now. "Mama said there'd be days like this" "There'd be days like this my mama said". I know Steve would be able to find and post that music video!

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I totally understand, Bee. Been there: done that!

One special time that stays in my nightmares was when I took all 12 seedling boxes out for a sunning. Son's dogs ran over the bed and tipped the seedlings out. I could easily put the seedlings back, but my carefully planned system of labeling the seedlings was history. I could tell the coles from the tomatoes, but which of the 98 (X6) tomato seedling was which?

Yes, I could identify the melons from the cantaloupe from the squash, but which melons were the rare yellow, which would crawl across the garden and which was the neat bushing variety? That year's garden was a continual surprise.

Red, that's exactly what happened to these peppers....and my hot banana peppers look an awful lot like my sweet banana peppers all the way through to harvest...I'd have to nibble to tell which is which. But...now that won't be an issue because I had to replant them all. Even those that got dumped got fried.

I don't think I did a single thing right today.

Latest posts