What Did You Do In The Garden?

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We are getting some much needed rain and it looks like it will rain all day tomorrow. I still managed to weed three raised beds, pulled out bolting lettuce and spinach anf transplanted more lettuce seedlings. I don't need ten lettuce plants to go to seed. I can get enough seeds from one lettuce plant. That's what I tell myself over and over again. It seem to be working 😆.
I had very spotty germination on our second garden so we need to reseed that.

Also some type of worm is eating my soy plant?! I need to re seed that and spray with BT.

Since it was raining and I had to stay inside, I baked bread and actually made real food 😆🤣. Not just some randomness.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are getting some much needed rain and it looks like it will rain all day tomorrow. I still managed to weed three raised beds, pulled out bolting lettuce and spinach anf transplanted more lettuce seedlings. I don't need ten lettuce plants to go to seed. I can get enough seeds from one lettuce plant. That's what I tell myself over and over again. It seem to be working 😆.
I had very spotty germination on our second garden so we need to reseed that.

Also some type of worm is eating my soy plant?! I need to re seed that and spray with BT.

Since it was raining and I had to stay inside, I baked bread and actually made real food 😆🤣. Not just some randomness.
Did u c the worm? Describe please.

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Did u c the worm? Describe please.
Yes, DH picked one off of a plant and it was a small black worm. I went and checked again but found none. Worms or something is eating all the leaves as they grow on the soybean plants. I did pick off some bean beetles but they normally dont eat the whole leaf.
Could it be army worms? Same thing is happening in the other garden where I planted Soybeans. No other beans are getting damaged like that.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, DH picked one off of a plant and it was a small black worm. I went and checked again but found none. Worms or something is eating all the leaves as they grow on the soybean plants. I did pick off some bean beetles but they normally dont eat the whole leaf.
Could it be army worms? Same thing is happening in the other garden where I planted Soybeans. No other beans are getting damaged like that.

my guess would be chipmunks as that is what happens here often when i try to grow edamame soybeans. could also be deer, rabbits or groundhogs. all of these creatures seem to seek them out and eat them.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Planted okra for the .3rd time. Collected seed last year but refuses to come up. I planted 5-10 seeds per spot with thinning if more than 1 comes up.
Cukes planted for 3rd time although here the seed was old.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I saved some eggplant seed in 2021. @seedcorn , not one seed sprouted this spring. For about 4 or 5 years, I grew Coyote tomatoes, trying to decide if I liked their unusual flavor. Thankfully, they were remarkably early and volunteers had enough time to mature those small fruits. The saved seed was almost impossibly slow to germinate and seedlings were weak. Head to head, volunteers did better even when they had to be moved after they showed up. Until they didn't ... show up. Fortunately, I no longer cared; they were just not MY tomato ;).

I transplanted a Kiss Me Over The Garden Gate from about 60 yards from where the seeds usually volunteer ;). Another plant that I'm not too sure about that volunteers, sometimes in unacceptable numbers. An okay spot for them is right beside the driveway, with a brick post on the north side. This one, showed up near the back door, beside deck in bark where I had already stepped on it at least twice. I moved it over to the path leading down the side of the house. DW has a metal "shepherd's crook" stuck in the ground there. It holds the folding peony cages through the winter and can be drafted to hold the Kiss Me ... for the Summer.

;) Steve

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It is so hot and humid here. I keep going outside for short intervals to pick off bean beetles and water the lettuce.
Also had a friend over today and helped them pick all the raspberries and strawberries that they will take with them. Made strawberry ice cream and dug up few potatoes to go with lunch. Did I mention it's hot here?

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Picking roses in the early morning and drying them in the greenhouse
P_20220613_064140.jpg

Latest posts