What Did You Do In The Garden?

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I transplanted a lot of seedlings these few days. The greenhouse is almost empty again and ready for sowing winter and succession crops.

All tulips are removed, and the precious spaces are again available for Dahlias, Mums, Sunflowers, and vegetables.

Again, I collected several tomato suckers and will use them for multiplying the tomato plants.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Slow go, BUT, I cleared off the cistern, stacked 4 sets of 5 tomato cages, staged them north of the garage, after I used my new bag mower to clear out the chickweed, then swept weeds and seeds into the box that the mower was in.
I moved it to the stack of cut saplings, about 5 ft high, and they burned very well. It's been dry here, but we had a nice rain last night.
I got two 8 ft posts hammered in, with a 6 ft post in between, west side of the cistern. Got a closing tomorrow. Friday I should be able to hammer in the two 6 ft posts on the south side, and then repeat three more on the west side. I HOPE to transplant tomatoes there on Friday.
Will post pictures.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Picked yellow squash, green beans, some initial bell peppers to help mature the plants. Cut chard, pulled radishes. Put out pine bark mulch on the blackberries, fertilized, watered, picked up sticks. Watered some ornamentals.

anytime you feel like you don't have enough to do i sure can use minions... :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
today starts with some watering (once i lever myself off this comfy perch - the sun is coming through the patio doors and warming me up nicely :) ) but actually i should go out right now and snap a few pictures while the morning light is young, and then i'll be back to planting beans, one small part to do in one garden and then finish up the other garden. whatever i don't get done today will get done tomorrow since they've now switched the rain forecast off until the evening and then for Sunday. sure hope so. all the plants can use a good drink.

Latest posts