What did YOU do in your garden today :P

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
We dug the purple potatoes. There are a few more left and I will finish that tomorrow. I cut parsley and filled the dehydrator. I have been putting string up for pole beans and weeding the last few days. I started cabbage, cauliflower, kale and some beets inside and they are up now, so I put them out in the sawhorse greenhouse.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Picked my first ripe tomato last evening. I didn't expect any this early, but this was from the one plant that I bought, that was blooming when I bought it. I won't have any more for quite a while now.
I cut a head of cabbage a couple of days ago to use in stew, and slaw.
I finally got all the newspaper and straw down, so I don't have to worry about the weeds taking over.
I broke down and bought some organic fertilizer--I think it is a 3-4-4 analysis. And I bought some of that N-er-gize stuff that is being advertised so heavily around here. Got both of those put down on the maters, peppers, beans and cukes. The yard-long bean seeds I got from Bay are looking pretty puny and pale, and the bugs love them. I know you said not to fertilize them, @baymule, but they sure don't look as vigorous as I thought they should.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@so lucky feed the beans. And post a pic of your ripe tomato on the tomato pic thread! My beans are vining like mad, but no blooms yet. A friend at church bragged on her green beans Sunday, she is delighted with them. The power of beans!

grow_my_own

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This morning, I went to the garden at work and added some organic compost and nutrients to the soil so I can plant some more zucchini and some corn tomorrow. It got too hot, though, so I called it an early day and came home. Supposed to be 105 here today. Ugh.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got more zucchini in the shallot bed yesterday! Those shallots have nearly reached the end of their line and are just about ready for harvest. There was enough room for the zukes to share the bed for a week or 2.

Green beans? We bought a ridiculous amount of Jade seed several years ago. It seems to be failing at following the lettuce. Looks like I'm gonna have a chance to grow Topcrop again! Don't want to miss the chance to follow the peas with green beans.

First layer of trellis is over the dahlias. I will get some miracle gro on them soon to find out if they want to take advantage of it!

Steve

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I finally got almost all the raspberries weeded, planned on mowing the grass, and then, it rained, again. Our average for June is 4.87", we almost broke a record at just under 12"!
MY rain gage broke that record.
Flowers are lov'n it... the veggies, not so much. They would like a bit of sunshine now. Luckily the grandkids have been keeping me busy lately.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weeded again. Every time it rains, another flush of weeds.

Planted carrots (3rd time) and butternut lettuce. Transplanted some okra and 3 pepper plants that I placed in a bad place. Did find 2 parsnip plants-a whole 2!

Latest posts