What did you pick today?

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Just wanted to say. . .

This is a great idea for a thread! With our various climate zones, it'll be interesting to see who is harvesting what and when.

I've subscribed to this and, while I have a small garden compared with the rest of you folks, I look forward to seeing what is growing in your gardens and what you do with it.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Lots of lettuce today.Of course I have nothing else to go with it to make a salad. I will have to buy some veggies to make a salad, but at least the lettuce came up.
I picked all my spinach too and cooked that up with some fresh lemon. Even the kids like it.

Rusty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I picked a whole basket-load of cukes today and they'll be on the supper table tonight as part of my "world famous" ;) cucumber salad. Never any leftovers when I make that and some nice fresh Italian bread.

:lol:

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I got 3 little yellow crook-neck squash from my garden and fried them up with onions in a little butter for dinner. YUM. Nothing else is ready, except that queen-anne cherry tree is loaded with shoulda-picked-them-yesterday cherries. DS says he'll pick some for me in the morning. Our wild blackberries around here, actually Marion berries I think here in Oregon, are only just blooming. They usually are ready to pick by mid August, but they are getting a late start this year because of the cooler spring we've had. I do know that the wild blackberries here in Oregon are different than those in CA. These here are sweeter and don't have the big woody seeds that central CA blackberries do.

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here in Northern California, we have 2 types of blackberries growing wild on the property. One is definitely more flavorful, and sweeter, than the other. :)

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Rusyt, maybe you can share your recipe for the cucumber salad. I make a tomato and cucumber but am always looking for something new. If you want you can post it in the recipe section, or I think the vegetable section.

Mossy Rock

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Squash, tomato's, bush beans, blackberries, soon cucumbers, and maybe peaches and apples then the figs are doing fine, it getting to be harvest time almost.

Latest posts