Where do you buy your seeds?

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
obsessed said:
i just got my Baker creek catalog and I was like wow. It was like an art book than a catalog. It had the most beautiful.
It says that his mother is the artist who does the covers and they sell cards with all her past artwork. I though about framing some for my house. I liked them too!!!!

gone 2 seed

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Catalina said:
I ordered all my seeds yesterday!
Over $300.00 :hide
What did you buy!! 300.00 is a lot of seeds.

I got the envelope back from WInterSown and there was a nice sellection of flower and vegetable seeds. But it was heavy on the flower seeds so I am not sure if I will send off again.

I was in the feed store yesterday and they had just gotten in their bulk seeds. I bought, Silver Queen Corn, Pole Beans, Sugar Snap peas and limas.

I can't wait to start planting. :tools

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
obsessed said:
i just got my Baker creek catalog and I was like wow. It was like an art book than a catalog. It had the most beautiful.
It says that his mother is the artist who does the covers and they sell cards with all her past artwork. I though about framing some for my house. I liked them too!!!!
I've actually framed some of the seed packets from Kitchen Garden Seeds, and I saved some of the prettiest packets from Baker Seeds to do the same thing. The only problem is that they put stickers on them some times, but I was able to CAREFULLY remove the one from the tomato packet.

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Did anyone here order from Sand Hill? If so, have you gotten your seeds yet?

I want to start some of mine extra-early with heating pads, as last year a bunch of the ones I started in March took ages and ages to grow at all, and then our growing season is short also. Lots of things that supposedly had 60 day maturity actually took more like 100 days. I started them in a south-facing greenhouse window that normally does fine for rosemary and other full-sun type things. Couple of my friends said, if you start them super-early indoors with heating pads, then move them out under clear plastic covers in late April, you won't have that problem. Want to start them next week, but I don't have seeds yet! Argh!

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They showed up! Hooray! Only down side is, they were out of one type of sweet corn I wanted. I may order it from elsewhere or may settle for only two kinds of sweet corn this year (shock! horror!). They sent me two kinds of tomatoes extra, Culstrage (red, large fruit) and Etoile Blanche D'Anvers (white, medium-small fruit). Can never have too many tomatoes, so that is all good. This weekend, I'm getting a bunch more heating pads and setting up my seed tables. Okay, it's just a piece of plywood on two sawhorses, but it's a table for me. Oh boy!

DH and I might even get a snow day tomorrow (yes, in New England, employers find they have to give snow days even if the CEO drives a H1 Hummer with chains on the tires--there's just no commuting some days). So I can make him help me! :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am SERIOUSLY in need of being put in check!!!!:idunno

Oh goodness... I was about to order more seeds.... I'm DONE, I'm DONE!!!! I told myself, whatever I worked so hard to grow that doesn't work out, I may buy myself 1-4 plants from the nursery to replace... even my husband agreed on how hard I was working at this. He'll let me spend about $100 on additional plants....

But I keep telling myself I have room for more seeds... why not?!

NO I don't, I don't have room.... They are COVERING my bathroom and kitchen. I don't have a shelf available... I'm currently using 4 grow lights, and I NEED one more!

STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:barnie

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
gone 2 seed said:
Catalina said:
I ordered all my seeds yesterday!
Over $300.00 :hide
What did you buy!! 300.00 is a lot of seeds.
A lot of stuff! It's a huge list. When I was all done I called my mom to brag about ordering all my seeds and she asks, "Did you order any stocks?"
Arrrgh! Now I have to order stocks too!

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:ya I finally have all my seeds!!!

Baker's creek were the last to arrive, today in the mail.
They are so cute. I ordered Malabar Spinich and they were out of stock, so they refunded my money. The same thing happened last year.
They stapled 2 $1.00 bills and taped 2 quarters to my invoice.
:rainbow-sun So cute!

Latest posts