White Lie Bites Me in The A$$

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Happy groomers! Have a 'cuppa' and treat the guys to the snacks.

It is said you most enjoy the first and last bite so pull a bite off one snack if you wish, set it aside and make a big deal of getting your drink, then sit down and savor that one bite of treat. Be sure the rest is gone first though.

You could bag up into portions for groomers to take home if you don't want overfed helpers, but Cat is right. You need to ask that customers stop bringing food like that. Perhaps a tongue-in-cheek sign that a calorie count will be added to the bill if edibles are brought.

Healthy dogs start with a healthy groomer. :love

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your customers LOVE you!!!
thCACF51CC.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yikes!!!

Well, I'm having my second breakfast after being up for 4 hours :). I cooked an apple in the microwave with some raisins. I'll now start on my bananannana ... and another cup of coffee :D.

Some people follow that 4 hour schedule. I was just reading a weight control tip about a guy who doesn't eat after 4pm. That would certainly work for me ... and my 4 meals/day ;).

A fair amount of my weight gain occurred during a time of considerable stress. I felt that it was important for me to stay up quite late at night. I remember making the stupid joke that I would eat, because food was the same thing as sleep, right?

Someone should have bonked me on the head. Don't you think?

Steve

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Dear... and right there on your desk... TEMPTATION!
Pass them out quickly. Thank the clients profusely and ask for HELP. (Never easy I know) They want to please you apparently ....so let them in on you changing lifestyle. They may chose to bring heart smart and healthier treats next time. I have found that now that everyone knows I am on a weight lose plan and they see how happy I am to be getting thinner and HEALTHIER. They go out of their way to help. No more SECRET dieting for me. :) Good Luck.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree with Carol. They mean well but don't know what else to bring. I suggest you tell them you are trying to lose weight and eat healthy. Give them suggestions on what they can bring instead. Perhaps a platter of fruit or veggies with dip. Coffee even with whole wheat bagels would be better than all that sugar. Sandwiches for lunch, etc.

Mary

Latest posts