White Lie Bites Me in The A$$

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, my husband comes home with so much junk in December. I refuse to eat things that are only mediocre. It has to be worth the calories for me. I refuse to get fat on junk, haha.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I felt that it was important for me to stay up quite late at night. I remember making the stupid joke that I would eat, because food was the same thing as sleep, right?

I just followed through with this observation and looked at some studies on sleep deprivation and weight gain. Here's analysis of 11 studies ...

Medical Daily

I read a little more about what these guys had to say (Including, Dr Gerda Pot --- how's that for a name :lol: ? We should read everything that person has to say on body weight!)

Anywhoo, it all only stands to reason ... one study had a fairly tight control on the subjects sleep and would awaken them to enforce the 5 hour limits. Imagine having someone poking and prodding you outta bed and the resentment.

A few of the insights are that we don't really expend more energy when we are awake longer, on average. Then, we eat more. So, how much more is 385 calories? I checked Taco Time: TWO Fresco Crunchy Tacos, plus a Side of Black Beans. Even better, a nice big slice of Mince Pie from the pie shop! Yep, I'd want to.

Another story is that sleep deprivation makes the body less responsive to insulin ... YIKES! Diabetes alert ...

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
-Imagine having someone poking and prodding you outta bed and the resentment.-
this is one of my cats that thinks i will get up at 5am just to feed her. any time i start to move like i'm waking up she is right there to pounce on me & stare me down till i wake up. :smack

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
This thread was hijacked!!!!
Back to the original post. What fool puts succulents in a bowl that can hold moisture?!?!? The whole IDEA of succulents as house plants is that you can ignore them and they will thrive. If I have learned ANYTHING over the last decade, it is that some plants really do HATE too much water. I have killed every lavendar plant that I tried to put on the north side of my garage, and my Colorado columbine died there, too, but the volunteer columbine around the house, where is it MUCH drier, has been spreading seeds and slowly taking over a weed bed. Even the lily of the valley suffered that I transplanted on the wet north side of my garage from the north side of the house where it drains well and has doubled outside of it's original bed by the house, hence moving some of them.
Why don't you show your gardener's thumb, transplant the succulents to clay pots, and put some wet loving perennials in the terrarium, instead?
Just sayin... :hugs

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a client who is a little old man he grow succulents from seed. Every spring he gives me tomatoe plants started in his greenhouse. He bought his dog in for grooming in Dec, I handed him the bowl and said merry christmas, good luck do what ever you want with them. Keeping 4 citrus trees alive till spring enough to deal with.

chefsdreams

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Bee, that's a great idea, but somehow i don't think that lasagna is going anywhere. in fact, i just noticed the date of the post. that stuff is long gone...:eek:

chefsdreams

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
i've got a client who brings me small bottles of homemade jellies & jams. i'm not crazy about the flavors, but i love getting those little bottles... they're perfect for samples of my bacon jam, which i share with the neighbors. and i make a killer bacon jam (if i do say so myself) :ya

Attachments

• IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 219

Latest posts