Who's on SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've got an account over there... but I like it here much better.

It used to be that my topic about hair care would pop up every once in a while.. haha... I dunno if it still does or not

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
nachoqtpie said:
I've got an account over there... but I like it here much better.
I do to. I got the rather cold impression too. I like it far better here. (although more people over there know more about chooks, I must say). Everyone here is friends. It's a small forum run by, what 10 members? Me, Steve, Marshal, TMC, Nacho, Mary, Vfem, Momofdrew, Daisy and Rebbetzin. See? Everyone knows and loves eachother here. SS has that big accomadation feeling. Literally, here, when I make a topic, I honestly know who is gonna post on it. And nobody looks at me funny here when I post something about wearing a parachute while waterskiing (remember that Marshall? :lol: ), because you all understand (all too well) my sense of humor :lol:

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Exactly!

And it's not like a clique either. If someone new comes in... we welcome them, answer their questions, etc. Sometimes when I post on the other forums, I feel like my questions go unanswered because I'm not part of the "cool club"

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
nachoqtpie said:
Exactly!

And it's not like a clique either. If someone new comes in... we welcome them, answer their questions, etc. Sometimes when I post on the other forums, I feel like my questions go unanswered because I'm not part of the "cool club"
That's a main reason that I left BYC, and will probably not last long on SS. However, right now I'm entertaining a heck of alot of questions about my 'curious management practices'. So for now people are sitting around my feet poking me with questions like all the grandchildren gathering around the hearth to hear grandma's stories.

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
But, that's the thing with big forums. There's no way the nifty and the staff (as awesome a job as they're doing) can change that feeling. It's like walking into the West Edmonton Mall (BY and the others) and then walking into Murray's General Store (here). Okay, odd analogy. At BYC, every body's getting equal amounts of attention from every body else. People all get to feeling alone, and end up forming incrowds and cliques. They still want to help, but not all of them. Here, the only people I know of that caused trouble was the Organic thread's inciter and that Paradise Lodge spammer. And they put the kabosh on them. Ever body left is very nice. That's the way we gardeners are. :) On the big forums, the nice people always seem to keep their traps shut on your threads, and the not-nice people..... well....... I like TEG so much better.

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
At least Rebbetzin and Marshal are over there to say 'Hey Detlor! Nice to have you with us' and you know they mean it. :hugs

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
:toolsI lurk over there quite a bit. Just feel that they're skill level is waaaay beyond mine, but love the info. I just prefer playing in the dirt!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whwn ya go on the Sufficient Self forum, make sure you do the following first:

Put your Camo pants, t shirt, and your camo Stihl cap on! Not allowed there unless you dress right! Oh yea, and make sure your black lace up leather boots are on! If you are on your laptop, make sure you are near your pickup truck with the rifles in the back window clearly visible!

You have to be ready for when the S*** Hits The Fan, and THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT, ya have to have an old gas engine you are converting to ethanol up on a crane in your backyard, your favorite tv show has to be that one with the rich people who are PREPARERS, you have to have a CB radio fixed up to 200 watts, you have to look like Reba Macintyre or what's his name from that movie about Land Sharks with an underground arsenal, ya have to drink coffee that most folks would not survive, and I'm pretty sure ya have to type so hard ya can't see the letters anymore.

KIDDING!!!

ah, it's a tougher bunch over there though. Sometimes I like that. Reminds me of my ex girlfriend from the '90's.

woop, hang on, my cats are being a coupla mules in a tin barn...

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
Whwn ya go on the Sufficient Self forum, make sure you do the following first:

Put your Camo pants, t shirt, and your camo Stihl cap on! Not allowed there unless you dress right! Oh yea, and make sure your black lace up leather boots are on! If you are on your laptop, make sure you are near your pickup truck with the rifles in the back window clearly visible!

You have to be ready for when the S*** Hits The Fan, and THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT, ya have to have an old gas engine you are converting to ethanol up on a crane in your backyard, your favorite tv show has to be that one with the rich people who are PREPARERS, you have to have a CB radio fixed up to 200 watts, you have to look like Reba Macintyre or what's his name from that movie about Land Sharks with an underground arsenal, ya have to drink coffee that most folks would not survive, and I'm pretty sure ya have to type so hard ya can't see the letters anymore.

KIDDING!!!

ah, it's a tougher bunch over there though. Sometimes I like that. Reminds me of my ex girlfriend from the '90's.

woop, hang on, my cats are being a coupla mules in a tin barn...
{writing} ...preparers...200 watt...coffee....type...... is that staccato or legato? KIDDING!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.