Who's on SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
You might want to stay on SS long enough to actually read about how sustainable everyone's husbandry practices are before you declare that yours are so incredibly "more bitter and sustainable". ;)
Okay, first I didn't tell them that, because as many of my trills, that one was exaggerated. They are sustainable, often semi-sustainable, it's just that my method's cheaper. :hide I would say 'economical' but the last I checked some profane teenage boys were using that as a swear word :hide again

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
No, I didn't specify that....I'm not the one that posted that I did nor am I the one that posted here that my husbandry practices are WAY more sustainable than those of others on SS. You were. I don't need to defend over the top claims because I made none....don't need to. You can run over there and read all my husbandry practices on my journal...it's an open book.

You might want to read up a little on just what folks are doing over there before you snap a judgement. I admit that there aren't many there that are trying for sustainable flocks but there are a few, myself for one. The claims you made in your first post were not supported by the explanations you made in subsequent postings, so sustainability seems to be a definition on which you~or we~ are a bit confused.

Why don't you go back to your thread there and help us understand the inconsistencies in your claims and postings and we can sort out just how sustainable your methods are exactly. I'd like to hear more about your rooster that has killed 6 coons and your flocks that get all their subsistence from the land~ with no barriers or fences~while confined to their barn and runs for months at a time. We are still left wondering how that is all possible and would really like to hear the specifics of it all. :)

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Okay. Not sure what to do, but otherwise I love TEG, and being on TEG. Ahh, I just step away from the weird questions and twisted phrases and I find a sanctuary of trusting people who understand what I meant and do not immediately assume I am trying to mislead them just because they don't think something could work. TEG's also a good place to come and rant. Wait, did I say rant? was it that Obvious?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
or do you want a cock who is slightly boistrous yet has killed 6 raccons in his time when they tried to touch one of his hens.
This is an exact copy of your statement made on SS. It definitely leads one to believe that you are in possession of a rooster that has "in his time" killed 6 raccoons....is this true or is it an exaggeration you stated to make a point? The very specific number of 6 would make one believe that you have a rooster that has, indeed, killed raccoons. Not only has he killed raccoons but he has killed a grand total of 6, no less. Is that a true statement or not?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Det, there is a new kind of reading style/method that's been going around the past year or two. Not sure how or where it started, but it is a reading method that is gaining in popularity because it helps people press an agenda. That is, with this new way of reading, what is written, the reader can twist around to suit their agenda.

It's real popular these days! What ya have to do is try to type in a way that is entirely unequivocal when you suspect that any of the readers learned to do this new thing.

If someone says, "or do you want two plus two to equal twenty two when it's someone elses blackjack hand" these new reading method adherents will be likely to say, "hey, why'd you say 2 plus 2 is 22, were you lying?"

So, yep, I know, sad thing is, with hot topics being made hotter because of this new twisty reading methodology, you have to be like a lawyer.

Sad thing about that is, when everyone does that, everyone is like a lawyer, and who wants a world filled with lawyers?

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sometimes... there is exaggeration that goes on in this forum. And sometimes not even just on this forum.

I think Det was exaggerating just a bit when he said that his practices were more sustainable than ALL the people on the SS forum. Obviously he doesn't know ALL the people on SS... so he can't REALLY make that claim.

I mean... Det is a guy... they exaggerate about almost everything anyways... ;)

Farmerchick

Sprout
Reaction score
Detlor Poultry said:
You know what's Ironic? You consider them far tougher on there, yet my husbandry practises are dozens of times more bitter and sustainable than ALL of their's. Hey, I have something to laugh at them about while their laughing at me for being a cry baby and running back to TEG! I'm doing alright. :p
:rolleyes:

come on over to SS and don't throw out tons of misleading info and you will be fine. It is all cool tho. Nothing wrong with trying the SS forum. We are good over there just as the TEG forum has great people also.

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nobody was saying that there is anything wrong with SS... they are simply saying that they like it here better.

Nothing wrong with that at all. I still pop over there on occasion.

There's no reason to attack one person, or single them out. That's quite uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts