Who's on SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
You know what's Ironic? You consider them far tougher on there, yet my husbandry practises are dozens of times more bitter and sustainable than ALL of their's. Hey, I have something to laugh at them about while their laughing at me for being a cry baby and running back to TEG! I'm doing alright. :p

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:lol:

My husband was the one that got me into all the gardening and SS and organics and yadda yadda blah blah... (He's Native American...) So now.. when I grab random things and take them outside he's like "Where you going with the olive oil??" And when I say "To the apple tree" he gives me a look like "Man... my wife has lost her mind" :lol:

We got into an argument about the ducks the other day and I told him that I was mad that he didn't help me with them.. and he said "Well get rid of them then." so I said "Why would I do that?! We just spent all that money building the enclosure and they're about half way to givin eggs!" :smack

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I was over there for a while and and got a few good ideas. But in reality, this forum suits my needs as does BYH. Just fits better into my lifestyle. I'm a "real people" kind of a person if you know what I mean. And I just find most on here and BYH are "real people". I used to love BYC until they changed the forum set up. I would spend hours upon hours on that site. Now I might take a look once every couple of months.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stubbornhillfarm said:
I was over there for a while and and got a few good ideas. But in reality, this forum suits my needs as does BYH. Just fits better into my lifestyle. I'm a "real people" kind of a person if you know what I mean. And I just find most on here and BYH are "real people". I used to love BYC until they changed the forum set up. I would spend hours upon hours on that site. Now I might take a look once every couple of months.
I could have written this post--exactly my thoughts. When I first found SS, I LOVED it, could spend hours and hours reading the old threads. I learned so many things there, like about nutrition, raw milk and fermenting, that I use all the time now. But, you know, forums change, kinda evolve as people come and go. Before I got my chickens and when they were small, I absolutely absorbed everything I could read on BYC. It made me feel competent and helped me greatly with building the coop. But now, TEG is fitting me best.
And I love that the members are so supportive of each other.:love :love

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Any staff member getting tany of this feedback :p just kidding. There's really nothing anyone can do. It's just a matter of size. Every aspect is linked to the massive size of BYC and SS, so nothing can be done. There are those that are tolerant, and all who are not, come here. :)

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Detlor Poultry said:
You know what's Ironic? You consider them far tougher on there, yet my husbandry practises are dozens of times more bitter and sustainable than ALL of their's. Hey, I have something to laugh at them about while their laughing at me for being a cry baby and running back to TEG! I'm doing alright. :p
All of theirs? Are you sure? :)

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Stubbornhillfarm said:
I could have written this post--exactly my thoughts. When I first found SS, I LOVED it, could spend hours and hours reading the old threads. I learned so many things there, like about nutrition, raw milk and fermenting, that I use all the time now. But, you know, forums change, kinda evolve as people come and go. Before I got my chickens and when they were small, I absolutely absorbed everything I could read on BYC. It made me feel competent and helped me greatly with building the coop. But now, TEG is fitting me best.
And I love that the members are so supportive of each other.:love :love
double ditto :love

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Detlor Poultry said:
All of theirs? Are you sure? :)
Uhh.... well, okay, to be honest, it was ALL until I found out any of you were on here g this :hide

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
You might want to stay on SS long enough to actually read about how sustainable everyone's husbandry practices are before you declare that yours are so incredibly "more bitter and sustainable". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.