Wine not? A great way to enjoy your produce

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Does the refermenting change your timetable on when to expect it to be ready to bottle?

And how do you know when it's time to rack it?

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No the refermenting doesn't add any more time then the racking would already add. The racking time is very subjective, anywhere from a month to several months. Just depends on how long it takes to settle out and clear.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Explain to me like I'm stoopid ....... step by step, how do you rack wine? Do you mean that you pour it off and discard the sludge at the bottom or do you strain it all over again?

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
At the grocery store today they had orange/strawberry/banana juice on quick out sale 99 cents for 1/2 gallon ............................ so .............................................. you guys know where I'm going don't you???? lol lol lol

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It is food grade, so no. I read that some people use old soda (plastic 2 liters) to store their wine.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Racked the tomato wine today, and snuck a taste, it is coming along very nicely, it tastes great. I lost 1/2 in an minor "explosion" so am glad I have 1/2 the tomatoes still frozen ready to make another batch. But I started a raspberry batch this week so the green tomato is going to have to wait for a bit.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
As of today I have 3 wines in various stages of fermenting or settling, plus a freezer w/ another batch of green tomato ingredients, ................... this may be getting out of hand!!!! lol lol lol