WR's 2014 Fall Garden

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Lavender2 I am always amazed when I hear people say " low population" when it comes to deer. Here you can't spit without hitting one !!!! The highway by my house morning time always has 3 to 4 that have been hit that night.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
WAH!! :hitI didn't plant a fall garden this year!! :hit But I have a FREEZER that is FULL!! :p
Right, @baymule, we should cry with you because you didn't get a fall garden planted. What! You have a new house, new property, new opportunities to plant to your heart's delight.

How do you keep the freezer food frozen during the move North?

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Lavender2 I am always amazed when I hear people say " low population" when it comes to deer. Here you can't spit without hitting one !!!! The highway by my house morning time always has 3 to 4 that have been hit that night.
They claim the population is low in the out state hunting areas. We have plenty around here just north of the metro. At least 3 times a week a big doe jumps out in front of me on the county road from my house. One of these days instead of slamming on the brakes I may just floor it and get it over with.

@w_r_ranch - I am totally enjoying your photos and gardening tips!
Oh and BTW, you are seriously going to lose the TEG weed pulling contest. :D

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
like @Lavender2 said, the cold last winter killed a lot of them up here. It wasn't specifically the cold, but rather it kept the food crop for them low. They gave out a lot less tags. I know in southern MN the herds are healthy

And now to the topic at hand, @w_r_ranch , like others have stated, that is a fantastic setup :). I'm jealous. It snowed another inches last night here. Looking forward to your harvest pics later

w_r_ranch

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Picked a few things to go along with tonight's supper...

Harvest_120314.jpg

Latest posts