Your boring/interesting/exciting Weather!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pepper Queen, maybe I won't complain about our CODL wet weather, flooding and WIND. with just a spit of snow. UGH. So glad we do not have inches. Sooo ready for spring.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HotPepperQueen said:
I have been told this is the last big snow of the season, even though their is snow forecasted for Monday. Let's hope mother nature makes up for lost time come fall. I am trying my hardest to have a positive outlook and hope it melts in due time. 13 inches on the ground and sunshine today.
Good grief! Thirteen inches! And I was going to complain about it going down to 30 tonight. I guess I'll count my blessings instead!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane and Stony over to Virginia are having some overly exciting Tornadoes.

Mell62

Sprout
Reaction score
Two weeks ago it was 70 with a chance of snow the next day. I checked the peach and pear tree to see if they have blossoms and needed to be covered up, all good for now. Then 10 inches the next day. Its 50 right now in CO, chance of snow tomorrow. Will need to get the plasctic covering out for those two fruit trees, they arent branched out enough to not loose buds. As for our weather people, hmmph. I had a guide to reading clouds from a very old issue of Organic Gardening, we hit it on the nail everytime. I pulled out the pages, put them in protective covers for my kids, and lo and behold we left them outside, wind blew them away. At least I have some of the info in my head. lol

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mell62,

I am not sure that there is any state with more unpredictable weather than Colorado.

All that vertical! Nooks & crannies! Little humidity, much of the time! Flat ground on both sides!

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We came back from a Sunday drive down south to see the new wheat coming up and it looked as if it had snowed here. Must have been a doozy, hail was piled up against the house several inches deep. Getting chunky snow right now. I had hoped to up pot my tomatoes outside at the patio table today....not likely so far.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My phone kinda 'lost network' last night before I went to bed. I was up late canning strawberries.... yes, strawberries have been in for the last week or so. So I have a couple dozen jars of jam to get done.

Too late to catch the local weather on the news, so I used the weather channel satellite weather (goto the weather channel and with dishnetwork, you click select and it brings up a 'close' example of your local forcast). Which showed 40 for the low tonight and 64 for today.

I get up this morning and it got down to 34!!!!! Even lower in some areas that may have even gotten frost! :he

So of course I bolt out the back down at 6:20 in the morning in slippers and my fuzzy winter coat I thought I put in the attic already. Everything looks to have survived, but the potatoes are kind of limp. :( I'm so nervous. I'm headed to work in a few minutes, but this afternoon I'm going to check on the corn, melons and zukes. Its the melons that have me nervous. I just planted and only a few have even sprouted. If the ground temps are good I shouldn't worry. We were in the 80's all last week, and even most of the evenings never dropped under 60!

It's been some nutty weather! :rainbow-sun

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hear ya Vfem. I let the dogs out this morning and was SHOCKED at how cold it had gotten - I know cold is still business as usual to those still struggling with snow ( so sorry :hugs ), but we've been pushing 80 some days with 40-50 at night.
I'm scared to check this afternoon and see how the little sprouts did.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hang in there ladies!

Over here right now, blue sky getting light, not yet sunup, and it's 51 point something.

I WILL plant some Beans today!

I WILL finish framing the big bed today!

I WILL cut another pecker pole today!

I WILL get the shorter bed begun at getting it framed!

=====

Ok, got to put my big boy pants and shoes on, and remember to eat something today!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weather has been so strange. We are currently having a heat wave. For us 80 degrees is high. Some of my plants are wilting even though I've watered them. They are just not used to it.

Mary

Latest posts