Your boring/interesting/exciting Weather!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's 60 today and I had nothing to do in the garden. I did spend a few hours running more electrical wire in the other house though.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Look what's coming our way tomorrow guys...

6486_map_wkpln_day2_3usec_enus_440x297.jpg

They said strong storms and damaging winds. It's starting to look like we are setting up for more freakish early tornado outbreaks this year.

I'm on a ridge line, so if they say 50 mph winds, I can expect 70 mph gusts. Well, nothing else left to blow away. Everything went last year.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yikes! We have had below zero, now 50's tomorrow and more than 2 inches of rain! With all the snow melt and the rain, they are talking flooding. The next day back down into the 20's! Stay safe Journey. The weatherman said we might have a thunderstorm tomorrow night- in January??

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Top of the ridge here to journey, and the wind is howling pretty good this morning.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looks like it is going to be an interesting day!

The forecast map with "Severe T-Storms Possible" with such a broad area of the country . . . and, north of that with "Flash Flooding Possible." . . and, the MidWest with "Snow" so far down into the region . . .

Here, it is comforting to report boring weather. More snow fell but it is already above freezing. ~ yawn ~ We had a couple afternoons with some thawing so the snow isn't or won't be much of a problem on the roadways. I suppose the big thing is getting above freezing ~ yawn ~ while not having a windstorm to do that . . .

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just slid home from my a.m. bus route. WOWZER, not sure we should have been out there at all. It started as rain and quickly changed to sleet, them wet sticky snow. Slick roads and wipers and defrosters had a devil of a time keeping up. And yesterday it was 62 degrees.... :hu

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Slick roads and wipers and defrosters had a devil of a time keeping up. And yesterday it was 62 degrees....
That cold fronts supposed to hit us night. We're currently at 53 degrees and its supposed to drop to 20 something tonight. I can live with the weird weather in January so long as we don't get a repeat of last year with all the crop losses to the fruit trees.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
They usually try to err on the side of caution for those bus routes. Sorry you found yourself out in that mess this morning, Carol Dee!

We didn't really get the wind today that they said we would. I felt the house shuddering this morning when the front initially moved through and heard the rain beating the metal roof in sheets. Looking out my back patio door, the sky was dark and hard to see for all the rain. Looking out the front it was really weird to see the bright horizon to the east as the sunrise came up and you could watch the dark line of clouds slowly consuming the brightness. After the front made its way through, things quieted down to a constant rain.

We are on flash flood warning now (not me, up here, but the surrounding area). More crazy wind predicted through the night, to be followed by a little snow and VERY slick road conditions for tomorrow morning.

I saw in my local newspaper in the "It Happened..." section, 10 years ago this week we had that horrible ice storm that took out our power for 8 days. And 20 years ago, a similar bout of unseasonably warm weather followed by some tornado destruction. Tis the season, I guess!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The front is here. Winds out of the west @ 28 gusting to 48 with scattered snow showers. Wind chill 9F.