Your boring/interesting/exciting Weather!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
A change would be good....
We have had a change here in south-est, central-est Wisconsin. Yesterday (Saturday) I was outside washing windows on the storm doors in temps that reached 49 degrees (F) and this morning that same thermometer read 4.9 degrees (F). That's a tad too much of a change for me. Br-r-r-r.

Love, Smart Red

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a big temp swing 'Red! We fortunately haven't dipped below 0*F yet, but it hasn't been above freezing for a long while either.
49 would sure feel good right now! My windows could use a washing too. The same snow has been hanging on the trees for must be a couple of weeks now. They say it should break next week and we'll warm up and get new snow.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The sun came out for a few hours this afternoon! Well, it mostly came out and visibility mostly increased to 10 miles. Very smoggy horizon . . .

I raced outside, got in my pickup and drove off in all directions!

Supposedly, the thermometer will only go down to 15 tonight but . I . don't . knoow. There's mostly a clear sky out there. If'n it stays that way I think we should hit single

digitS'
again.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh My, Kate!

I was looking at Denver. You know, that city in Colorado . . . Mile High, and all that . . .

A few days ago Denver had a 60 afternoon in January! Last March, we had 2 of those - those 60 days - the first during the 2011/12 Winter. Yeah, 2 days in March . . .

Okay, it was down to the single digitS' last night (9). So, I was right & the weather service was wrong ;). But, then! It warmed up to 18 as the freezing fog moved back in. There is about as much 10am light out there as on a Summer morning at 4am. Guess I should be happy with that.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Frigid freezing fog. Like Groundhog Day. Again.

January13031.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Darn! It just shouldn't look so pretty! Waiting for our 6 inches overnight. As I was shoveling this morning, I was wondering how many days until spring. Well, 57 if you are counting!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, I was wondering today how much fog is collected by the trees which then falls to the ground . . . and if it should be counted as precipitation.

:p There is enuf on sidewalks under some trees to make things really slippery!

I suppose that the sublimation of the snowcover makes up for whatever might fall out of the trees. Actually, that might be where the frost comes from . . . oh! I seem to be "thinking" with my keyboard.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's really pretty, Thistle. We've got the cold, but no snow. It was 8 degrees when I woke up this morning and despite the beautiful sunshine it was rather painfully chilly to go outside to get the mail. It's 15 degrees right now and the wind is blustery and rattling the tin roof tonight. That used to keep me up ALL NIGHT when we first moved here. It took me a long time to convince myself that the roof seriously wasn't going to come off!

Latest posts