Your Weather, 2021

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
if you get stuck on a highway overnight i think you'd like to have a cake along...
I have my oreo blizzard cake!
Screenshot_20220105-103015.png

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Right now it's raining again

Last night the temperature dipped too 1c then minus 1 at 3am but warmed up by 8am

I saw snow like the polystyrene balls out on the path at 11am but don't recall seeing it snow

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it is cold here today and won't be getting very warm again until next week. some snow chances in the forecast today but not for any other days this week. it is snowing very lightly now and no wind which is nice compared to how windy it was yesterday.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shoveled about 5" of new snow off the walks and snow hasn't stopped falling. I was thinking of waiting until both passes were closed on i-90 over the Cascades and the Rockies and then claiming that I'm trapped!! However, I think that I can still escape by heading south into Oregon/California ;). Might want to check on that before heading out but there still might be a chance of dropping the boat in the river and that would take me south 🚣‍♂️.

I suspect that the pass over the Cascades will closed for days. They are having a major snow event. There is also the possibility of avalanches, after the snowplows are able to make it through. The pass into the Rockies is waiting its turn but the storm will have significance there. Time to stay home!

If I understand right, this storm may push this northern portion of the area of the western drought out of the "severe" class. I sure hope so :).

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I suspect that the pass over the Cascades will closed for days. They are having a major snow event. There is also the possibility of avalanches, after the snowplows are able to make it through. The pass into the Rockies is waiting its turn but the storm will have significance there. Time to stay home!

If I understand right, this storm may push this northern portion of the area of the western drought out of the "severe" class. I sure hope so :).

Steve

it's been going on for several days so that's gotta be a pretty big snow pack by now. which is great as long as it all doesn't melt at once... :)

i've been hoping that some of this line of storms would get into the Colorado Rockies and the Colorado River watershed. they really can use a huge year to refill Lake Powell and Lake Mead. also the Great Salt Lake in Utah can use a big boost too so all of anything that can make it in those directions will be very welcome.

the recent numbers on the snow pack for the California Sierras and the Rockies have gone up a great deal, but this is still early winter. if we can get these sorts of events spaced out by a week or so for the next few months we'll have a great water season. looks good so far.

much avalanche danger out there.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's 4c here but I feel it's colder than this.

We have had rain and snow and I'm shivering 🥶⛄💧

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's 4c here but I feel it's colder than this.

We have had rain and snow and I'm shivering 🥶⛄💧

it's 0F out now (-18C), glad no wind. will have to shovel snow but i'm waiting a while to see if it gets warmer. no rush, we don't have to be anyplace quick and i haven't even had breakfast yet.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's Crazy weather!

Sometime during the night, it began to rain with strong winds. It will continue to rain through the day, we are told. There is 9" of snow on the ground! It won't all go away - freezing temperatures by sundown and the end of the storm. The roads will be a mess!

Schools everywhere nearby are closed ... city and country - closed!

It's raining, or soon will be, in the mountain passes. This is not good news! The pass over the Cascades had 6+ feet of snow with an expected 2 feet added by yesterday and last night's storm! It's all WEIGHT - here come the avalanches. Closed.

I don't know how Lookout Pass into Montana will fair. Supposed to rain and thermometer already moving above freezing - that is above 4,000 feet elevation! Open interstate but right back to freezing.

Steve

Latest posts