Your Weather, 2021

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We've had such a pleasant winter so far its been wonderful . We've had some cold dips, and some heavy snow here and there, but it could be much colder and snowier than it has been. We are in a cold snap now, apparently a cold air mass blowing in from Siberia across Canada. I just read about it in the news. Other provinces are experiencing it pretty bad, worse than us, especially Edmonton, Alberta with -55C/-67F.

We are getting some snow fall now. I've been shocked at how many kids I've seen since Christmas, little kids aged around 8 or 9, on snowmobiles that were presents. I was at the park today walking my dog, where again a family was having their little kid toot around on their shiny new snowmobile, probably inspired by the good snowfall. They were taking a bigger risk that I would. That park is big and flat, but it's edged on two sides with brush and birch trees. You can't really tell until you walk right to the bushy edge that the park is actually on a very steep mountain, not quite a cliff, but too steep to climb up or down for sure. Rocks everywhere. Poor kid held the gas too hard, lost control and sailed right over the edge. I couldn't believe my eyes. He just disappeared over the edge. I don't think I've seen a person run so fast as that dad. Child had no helmet either. I'll give 911 credit, the ambulance was there in 3 minutes. I was shaken, I still am I think. I've never seen anything like that. It was awful. I hope that kid is alright.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We've had such a pleasant winter so far its been wonderful . We've had some cold dips, and some heavy snow here and there, but it could be much colder and snowier than it has been. We are in a cold snap now, apparently a cold air mass blowing in from Siberia across Canada. I just read about it in the news. Other provinces are experiencing it pretty bad, worse than us, especially Edmonton, Alberta with -55C/-67F.

We are getting some snow fall now. I've been shocked at how many kids I've seen since Christmas, little kids aged around 8 or 9, on snowmobiles that were presents. I was at the park today walking my dog, where again a family was having their little kid toot around on their shiny new snowmobile, probably inspired by the good snowfall. They were taking a bigger risk that I would. That park is big and flat, but it's edged on two sides with brush and birch trees. You can't really tell until you walk right to the bushy edge that the park is actually on a very steep mountain, not quite a cliff, but too steep to climb up or down for sure. Rocks everywhere. Poor kid held the gas too hard, lost control and sailed right over the edge. I couldn't believe my eyes. He just disappeared over the edge. I don't think I've seen a person run so fast as that dad. Child had no helmet either. I'll give 911 credit, the ambulance was there in 3 minutes. I was shaken, I still am I think. I've never seen anything like that. It was awful. I hope that kid is alright.
Oh my gosh. I hope the kid is all right. Praying for him. That must have been horrible to watch.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

When I learned about bike brakes it was from under a brush pile on the side of a mountain in Alaska where I chose to crash into the soft looking brush instead of sailing over a road below and then down an incredible cliff to death in a river below. It really hurt. Obviously in adultsight it was worse. I hope that child was ok. Tales will be told if so.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It’s rained on and off here all day. The sun faintly came out for a while around 2:30. Severe weather forecasted again tomorrow night with snow flurries for Sunday night possible.
We've had rain since 23rd of December up until Monday.

Yesterday a slight snow and this morning frost

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Daylength

We have waited over 2 weeks since the Solstice. Because of this "northerly" location, daylength changes dramatically from winter to summer. That is six Months not days or weeks.

Here, the 2 weeks means we have gained 10 minutes. Of course, those minutes are shared by sunrise and sunset - so, about 5 minutes on each end of the day. The days becoming longer? I don't feel it. Nah. Give me another month ...

Steve
blessed with a continuing light blanket of white snow and close to normal snowcover on nearby Quartz Peak

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe this is a Way to End the 2021 weather thread ;).

Screenshot_20220105-071512_kindlephoto-651012750.png

Latest posts