Your Weather, 2021

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Artichoke Lover ,

what are to make of the purple, mostly between the white & purple?

@Rhodie Ranch , your DD is nearer Puget Sound, isn't that right? There are pictures on the internet of a guy snow boarding at Pike Place in Seattle. We should have a report from @AMKuska ;).

Steve
The different shades of purple are winter weather advisories and ice storm warnings.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Still seems to just be rain here. Or at least mostly rain. I’m not going out in it to see what it is until I have too for the chickens. It’s currently 35F right now they’re saying just rain but the dividing line between it and ice is only about 10 miles away.
My wife is under strict instructions to be careful on stairs. She tends to ride down them the hard way when she cannot see the ice.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Checking in, it’s 7F degrees with high of 16F today, low of 1F tonight. We haven’t lost power. 6” to 8 inches of snow. I’ll be hauling boiling water to thaw out water for animals, it’s getting critical. I have 17 baby lambs from just a few days old to 2 weeks, the ewes need WATER to make milk for them. Horses are at their water tank, I’ve been breaking ice 3 times a day , may have to haul boiling water for them and the steer too today. Drinking my last cup of coffee before I layer up and face the elements.

pjn

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Checking in, it’s 7F degrees with high of 16F today, low of 1F tonight. We haven’t lost power. 6” to 8 inches of snow. I’ll be hauling boiling water to thaw out water for animals, it’s getting critical. I have 17 baby lambs from just a few days old to 2 weeks, the ewes need WATER to make milk for them. Horses are at their water tank, I’ve been breaking ice 3 times a day , may have to haul boiling water for them and the steer too today. Drinking my last cup of coffee before I layer up and face the elements.
Be safe and stay warm.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, what have the last winter's been like at this place?

Mary

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' it snowed quite a bit in my area.
IMG_9277.JPG

Rin estimates its about 2 mittens deep day 1 of the snow
IMG_9304.JPG

With more on the way.
IMG_9343.JPG
Recommendation is to restock bird feeders
babysnow.jpg

And plant fist fulls of snow in mom's face.

Latest posts