Your Weather, 2021

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
shovelled again this morning and then again about an hour later when the sun came out to make sure the sun would melt any remaining snow on the part of the driveway where someone might walk.

forecast is for more snow tonight and wind tomorrow. i'll actually have to go out for an appointment tomorrow afternoon so that will be interesting, but just plan on taking my time and taking it easy too.

none of this is complaining, it is just the way it is and both of us are very happy to be getting some exercise from having to shovel for a change.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
shovelled again this morning and then again about an hour later when the sun came out to make sure the sun would melt any remaining snow on the part of the driveway where someone might walk.

forecast is for more snow tonight and wind tomorrow. i'll actually have to go out for an appointment tomorrow afternoon so that will be interesting, but just plan on taking my time and taking it easy too.

none of this is complaining, it is just the way it is and both of us are very happy to be getting some exercise from having to shovel for a change.
Some of the people in BYC are using sand or cat litter

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had the easiest time shoveling today.

Part of that was that was because there was only 5" of snow. The other part was that the Weather Service was telling us that every inch only amounted to 1/16th of an inch of water. I shoveled 3 times but if I'd left it all to do at once, it wouldn't have amounted to 1/3rd of an inch of water. Shoveling it 3 times made it like an exercise lifting a shovel :D.

Steve
Meanwhile in Melbourne Florida, they had a record high for the day breaking a record that had stood for 82 years. Things changed when severe thunderstorms moved in!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had to carry buckets today. Wagon won’t roll in 7” of snow. I carried boiling water, 2 1/2 gallons per bucket, to the horses and steer to melt ice, then I could break more ice. I broke ice for them 4 times today. I watered the chickens with a fresh thawed out waterer. I hauled buckets to the sheep and dogs. I keep 5 water buckets for the dogs, down to 3 now. The ewes drink a LOT, they are nursing babies. Then I did it all again this afternoon. I shoveled snow around the gates so I could open them. DH kept the water pots boiling and fed the bottle lambs that are in the house for me. He is on the tail end of a bad cold, so I won’t let him outside to relapse. It’s driving him crazy. Too bad. Not going to let him be stupid and get sick all over again.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had to carry buckets today. Wagon won’t roll in 7” of snow. I carried boiling water, 2 1/2 gallons per bucket, to the horses and steer to melt ice, then I could break more ice. I broke ice for them 4 times today. I watered the chickens with a fresh thawed out waterer. I hauled buckets to the sheep and dogs. I keep 5 water buckets for the dogs, down to 3 now. The ewes drink a LOT, they are nursing babies. Then I did it all again this afternoon. I shoveled snow around the gates so I could open them. DH kept the water pots boiling and fed the bottle lambs that are in the house for me. He is on the tail end of a bad cold, so I won’t let him outside to relapse. It’s driving him crazy. Too bad. Not going to let him be stupid and get sick all over again.

Do the chickens drink much during the snow? I have two waterers for them, and melt one in the garage while the other is brought out to them. I noticed during the snow storm, they refused the water. They were all going around scooping snow! Thought they'd die of hypothermia but they all seem fine and still laying.

Last edited:

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
1613447978050.png

Latest posts