Your Weather, 2021

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wishing for rain about now. It’s gotten dry and dusty again and the air quality is dropping. I’ve had a constant sinus headache all week because of all the dust in the air.
How does Alabama do that anyway? I almost choked out mowing and I distinctly remember a wet summer and early fall!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a major tornado touch down about 2 miles from our home. Weather service graded it as catagory "0" with a wind gust of 85 mph. Traveled less than 5 miles.... uprooted two large trees, one of witch tore down a fence. Turned over a chicken coop, as well as 2 trampolines and several garbage cans. Well ... it is a major tornado for our area !! :idunno

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We had a major tornado touch down about 2 miles from our home. Weather service graded it as catagory "0" with a wind gust of 85 mph. Traveled less than 5 miles.... uprooted two large trees, one of witch tore down a fence. Turned over a chicken coop, as well as 2 trampolines and several garbage cans. Well ... it is a major tornado for our area !! :idunno
Wow. It’s really late in the year for tornadoes especially as far north as you are! Glad you are okay!

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Trade houses?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It hasn't rained here in I don't know how long. It is so dry the sand is loose about a foot deep or more. Grass is dry and brown. I have the sheep dry lotted with plenty of hay. We had thunder last night and got some light showers. It's still dark, so haven't been outside yet to see if it was enough to settle the dust or not.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
It hasn't rained here in I don't know how long. It is so dry the sand is loose about a foot deep or more. Grass is dry and brown. I have the sheep dry lotted with plenty of hay. We had thunder last night and got some light showers. It's still dark, so haven't been outside yet to see if it was enough to settle the dust or not.

we aren't on sand here, but that was how it was back in the middle of summer before the rains finally returned. it was dry down at least a foot when i had to dig out some roots of some grasses. i hope the rain helped out. i thought for sure you picked up some rains from the dregs of the hurricane that went through.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Not exactly weather related but did anyone else hear the boom from the reentry of the SpaceX dragon capsule last night? It landed in Atlantic off the coasts of Georgia and Florida last night but we heard it all the way in North Alabama. Us and a few of the neighbors thought it was a neighbor setting off a propane tank again:gig

Latest posts