Your Weather, 2021

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was disappointed in all the thunder that scares the bejeebers out of my big male Great Pyrenees, Trip. He is a slobbering, quivering, 125 pound bowl of jello with a fur coat. Didn't even settle the dust. BUT yesterday we got almost an inch and the dust is settled. I had to go to town, neighbors called and said Trip was out-he jumps the fence if I'm not here when it thunders, so they put him back in. Dummy dog.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule , there was a German Shepard running around in the neighborhood yesterday afternoon. The squirrel saw it 100 yards away before I did.

It wasn't from being scared by thunder, altho I may be wrong because there was supposed to be thunder during our 1/3" inch rainstorm, 18 hours earlier (I usually sleep through things like that ;)).. Maybe he just wanted to be out exploring because it was such a nice afternoon.

It was 64°f (18°C), sunny skies, and no wind. This morning, Tired digitS' slept in to 5:30 and, with sunrise, it was 34° (1°C). The bed of the pickup is half-filled with buckets of potatoes, and baskets of pumpkins and squash. Some buckets of tomatoes and peppers are on the covered back deck. Wait. There's frost on the roofs! 7:30. Warming!

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's been hissing down here si since early morning.

I've been jumping around like a Jack in a box trying to make sire my chickens are ok.

We had a short break and my little ones had a little outside time, I put the older chickens into the end of my garden so my cuties could roam in peace.

Agatha was loving the freedom while Tina the little minx was busy investigating the big coop and pinching all the food she could ram into her, there was evidence of her thieving smothered all over her tiny beak.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we've started another rainy period in the forecast for the next week almost every day so today was the last day of outdoor work in the gardens until we get another break in the rains that is long enough for me to get back out there again.

it was beautiful stretch of weather though. hot enough but not unbearably so, some breezes. almost a whole week. it's rare for that to happen where we don't get some rain or frosts by this time of the year. we still have no frosts in our forecast for the next 7 days and what is even funnier is that the night time lows are about 10 degrees F higher than the last week but the highs are about 5-10 degrees lower, so the range is tightening up for the days. clouds do even things out...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I get tornado warnings, the local news will cut in on a TV show to show where the tornado is. I have satellite TV, it cuts off in bad storms. So if there is a tornado close, no TV. Ok, so now what? Run? Stay here? :idunno

Heavy rain, storms, means no TV and no internet, both are on satellite. LOL

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I get tornado warnings, the local news will cut in on a TV show to show where the tornado is. I have satellite TV, it cuts off in bad storms. So if there is a tornado close, no TV. Ok, so now what? Run? Stay here? :idunno

Heavy rain, storms, means no TV and no internet, both are on satellite. LOL
What about a weather radio? We also keep a small battery powered radio in our shelter so we can get reports from the local stations.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It is supposed to be dry this time of year. Nope. We doubled the monthly rainfall in a few hours.

Latest posts