Your Weather, 2021

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sunny and powder dry here. I have my sheep dry lotted with a big bale of hay and they get fed pellets. What grass there is is brown and crunchy, can't let them on it or they would eat it to the roots.

I will have to set up pens for them at my son's house. It will be a very small pasture and I won't be able to just let them have at it. I'll have to pen them up to give it a chance to grow, rotating them on/off.

The most important plant in the world is grass. Grazing animals provide meat for meat eating animals-including us. Wheat, corn, grains are all grass. Drought really beats up the system. I need rain!!!
Hope you get some soon!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I put the electric blanket on the bed and DS built the first fire. The motor burned out in the bathroom heater. We had to order a motor and have that, but something else needed, so hopefully this weekend that will get fixed. I hear we are going to have a more than average wet winter, but who knows.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The first frost for this autumn, not a friendly one
35163.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It would likely be disappointing to climb out of bed day after day to grey skies and a wet, soggy outdoors. Here, I look anxiously forward to rain.

It seemed to me quite normal that late September had dry conditions and was much cooler than midsummer. But, where was the late September/early October rain?

Optimistic, the forecasts with rain lifts my spirits! A 50-60 percent chance -- I'm fully optimistic :). It lifts me up; I want it not just for me but for the living environment that surrounds me. Then, I'll read the numbers for rainfall and think about how those places that benefit have suffered from past fires and realize that common rivers pass through them.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
no frost in the forecast for the next week again. lowest night temperature is 49F. we get one sunny day and then two days of rain/chances of rain, all week is like that and that is about how last week went too. not much getting done outside.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
While the weather here is very beautiful, a peculiar humidity is in the air today. It appears to start about 5 feet above ground, and started just after Texas A&M beat Bama with a field goal in literally the last second of the game. Oh well, it does not look like a common occurance so no worries.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have been anywhere from 10 to 20 degrees above average. Finally cooling down with some rain. Although in the last three days we have not yet made 1 1/4 inch. Last nights storm was mainly wind, blowing leaves and LOTS of thunder followed by a brief downpour. Of course the old dog was a fussy, barking, quivering mess. HE was never like that when he was young. :( We are still considered VERY Dry on the drought scale. So the rain in the forecast is welcome. Although the farmers got an early start on harvest, this will slow them down.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
no rain in the forecast today, 83F and breezy, which means i'll try to get outside and get some gardening done for a change. a few hours of digging should feel really good and perhaps i can get a a garden put up and ready for winter. i also have plenty of bean pods i can take out to bury so that will free up some space here in my room too. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Things are dry dry dry

It's 26°f (-3°C) and I have turned the outside water off. Warmer but very windy yesterday and inappropriate for running sprinklers in the yard. I'm not sure what the perennials might need. Reckon I'll just leave it go and not fuss with it.

A very small chance of snow this week.

Steve