Your Weather, 2021

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today it will be a perfect 72*.

Does clover sprout after 3 days? I swear mine sprouted overnight with the rains we had. It has to be clover since I planted it in my raised bed and 2 other ground beds. In the raised bed I left a corner for the cilantro and I noticed nothing has sprouted there.

Mary

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
is that early for your area?

we have snow coming down here, but i don't know if it will stick much or not.
Sort of early but not shocking. Our weather is always unpredictable here. Just as an example in the past 10 years we’ve had. Snow one Christmas, tornados another and near record breaking flooding in yet another Christmas.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today it will be a perfect 72*.

Does clover sprout after 3 days? I swear mine sprouted overnight with the rains we had. It has to be clover since I planted it in my raised bed and 2 other ground beds. In the raised bed I left a corner for the cilantro and I noticed nothing has sprouted there.

Mary

sounds about right to me. :)

Grandmas Garden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh boy, I hope if your power went out on Sat. -Western WA. State -- it is back on, boy that wind came through here at 5pm the lights (which never go out) went on and off 4 times.

It was raining when I went out to the coop at 4:15 a.m. it is oddly! warm 53 on the porch. I left one of the coop windows open over night because it was 50 out at 6:30pm when I went out to close the door, I didn't want the coop to warm. Then hens have inside the coop quite dame from shaking off the rain.

It is suppose to rain non stop until about noon and then start clearing off. It should be a good sunny day on Tues.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Pineapple Express, @Grandmas Garden .

Here (several hundred miles away), not all that much rain but 12-14 degrees F above normal temperatures and WIND. The wind gusts were nearly 50mph at the nearest airports. And, the wind may be even stronger this afternoon and tonight.

Luckily, the leaves are off the deciduous trees.

When the winds weaken, temperatures will plunge. I didn't see any news story about local power outages, so far.

Steve

Grandmas Garden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
VERY BLACK off the coast strait of Juan de Fuca looking at Victoria
Not going to be good, it is also very black to the south over the Olympics

IMG_20211115_070710_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211115_070629_HDR.jpg

Grandmas Garden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Boy that was quite a storm, it is nice and clear out, I can see all of the stars hahahah
We should have a clear morning but only up to 9am.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
frosty weather again last night. sunshine this morning. the forecast high of 43F is ok enough to get something done today outside as there won't be as much wind as yesterday. tomorrow's forecast is for 59F and rain in the afternoon. if luck works out i might be able to get some work done tomorrow morning and early afternoon before the rains come through. we'll see... :)

Latest posts