Your Weather, 2021

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
oh this has me laughing, i just checked the weather forecast and for some reason they think that they can make a forecast for Saturday afternoon chance of rain after 1pm. i think with this clock change for the time zone they've updated their models too and so instead of saying after 2pm as it usually does they've switched to 1pm. we'll see if they're actually right. any bets? :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug ,

All I can say is that they would do better on that Saturday afternoon forecast than I would ;).

We had a very pleasant day with almost unnoticeable morning frost. A little breezy for awhile but between times for the kids to be out of school ;). Tomorrow, rain - we are told. High winds in the afternoon. WS has a Winter Storm Warning for the Cascades.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, it's raining :).

It looks to me that 1/2" - 3/4" has fallen overnight with some more predicted. Checking the nearest mountain Snotel, makes it seem that little snow is accumulating at 4700 feet. It's been above freezing each day up there so it's soaking into the ground or dribbling down the creeks.

Are we out of the drought? No, not hardly - having only stepped down from exceptional to severe. It's encouraging that western Washington is out :). They are being hit fairly hard by the current storm and there may soon be another. Here on the other side of the Cascades, things are a little different. Walla Walla, down in the southeast corner of WA is still in the exceptional category. Further south in the Intermountain West, it's still looking very dry.

Reason to hope, however! Freshening our evergreen forests, filling our lakes and replenishing our streams ... One Cascade mountain pass is already closed for the winter, as it is every year. Traveling by car over Thanksgiving may or may not be okay but let's weigh that on the environmental scale in 2021 and just keep smiling.

:D Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' glad you are getting some rains there at last. :)

looks like it will be pretty raw here this weekend, but that's ok. mix of snow and rain at various times. just fall weather. we had rains last night, but that has all soaked in as it had finally dried out enough. no puddles now.

i don't think i'm going outside today. i can use a break for a bit to recharge. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
After the 2 storms we had the last couple weeks we are kind of back to normal. Today it will be 70* and this weekend 72*. Then next week back to our usual mid 60s.

I had planted crimsom clover as a cover crop and also cilantro. After the rains everything is sprouting. The only thing is I don't know if they are weeds, milkweed, or other things that I have. I had a dwarf buckweed plant in a pot and that pot and all around the ground is covered with the same seedlings. It would be nice if it is the buckweed.

Mary

Latest posts