Your Weather, 2021

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
zwinter.png

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was some snow yesterday but it melted and the skies cleared.

This morning, 4am and still hours before sunrise, it's 19° (-7°C). Luckily, with the nearly full moon shining brightly, there is only a slight breeze.

Steve
will edit in the low here at home at 7am + -
18° at 7, 23° at 8am

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
raining now. wish i would have not rained last night or this morning so i could get one last garden done before it all hit, but no luck there... :) ah well, i've already done two chores this morning so i feel productive. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snow-covered landscape.

It has been right at freezing overnight, according to the nearest wunderground . com volunteer. The nearest airport has light rain lately and that is true here.

The snow is melting off the roof and the asphalt road and concrete sidewalk are mostly clear. Should rain it all off soon and we will be back to dreariness, soon. Sounds like a town in Oregon :), Dreary, near Drain and a little north of Boring ...

;) Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snow-covered landscape.

It has been right at freezing overnight, according to the nearest wunderground . com volunteer. The nearest airport has light rain lately and that is true here.

The snow is melting off the roof and the asphalt road and concrete sidewalk are mostly clear. Should rain it all off soon and we will be back to dreariness, soon. Sounds like a town in Oregon :), Dreary, near Drain and a little north of Boring ...

;) Steve

it is clear and cold here today and was below freezing last night again. rains made the ground all muddy again. i don't expect to do much of anything outside today. :( not only because of the weather but i need to let my back recover from a slight strain. so far ibuprofen is doing what it needs to do so i'm able to get some things done i just don't want to press it much for a few days.

forecast is more of the same mixed weather, frosts at night, snows and rains, then towards the end of next week back to the mid-40s for a few days, so perhaps after TG i can get back outside again for some more garden cleanups.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The past 36 hours gave us 1/2 inch of precipitation. I thought that rain would take all the snow away but it didn't, quite. So cold that at 4pm, I went out to scrape frozen snow off the car. It was snowing again when I went to bed but it's rain/snow, freeze/melt - all night. Sunlight only when it hits the western horizon. Fog, now.

Two inches of precipitation for the month! It was so warm with that Pineapple Express that snow melting and rain was going on even at the highest elevations. There must be a little snow but the ski areas won't have the opportunity to open for Thanksgiving. Still, that wouldn't be common. More snowstorms in the coming week but WS isn't excited about them.

@heirloomgal was talking on @Alasgun 's greenhouse thread about different climates and N Dakota. Of course, as gardeners, growing season weather is most important to us. Every year I compare the nearest WS accumulated growing degrees with Devil's Lake, N Dakota. Strong competition. But, in 2021, we totally blew them outta the water!

Thank Heavens, we don't have their winters.

Steve

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
We've had a couple inches of snow that lasted for a day, but warmer temps & very little precipitation since. Because of the very late freeze, leaf fall is very late - and neither the city nor our township added extra leaf-pickup days. Many are stuck with a lawn full of leaves, and no way to get rid of them... including our DD. It was dry enough today for us to run the leaf vac over her yard, and for me to turn those chopped leaves into one of our gardens.

It's expected to still be dry for at least another week, good news for those driving for Thanksgiving. A few of those days will be in the 40's, with one day in the low 50's. If I was so inclined, I could probably make a few extra bucks picking up leaves for others with the leaf vac... a lot of demand for that just on my street. It's a golden opportunity to collect enough leaves to spread on the rural garden, which I've been wanting to do for years.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yes, getting cold out at night now below freezing most nights. at least no rain or snow for a while in the forecast so perhaps i can get outside tomorrow. today is already scheduled so nothing going on outside today other than me looking out the window.

so glad to see the sunshine though - even if the clear nights mean it is colder at least the sun is out. :)

Latest posts