Your Weather, 2021

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it was really a perfect morning for weeding and mowing. went out early as someone showed up for a tour and i went out in shorts and it was cold so i came back in and put more clothes on. then i weeded until i had to mow. finished mowing. mid-70s now, very nice out, a few weeks of this sort of weather would be nice, or at least more like what May and early June should have been like... :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We got a half inch of rain here. We had to go to Tyler and it rained all the way. Coming home, it rained so hard, I couldn’t hardly see the road. Some cars pulled off on the road shoulder, I just slowed way down and drove out of it. Of course it was steamy when we got home, so didn’t have any motivation for doing anything outside.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was about 1/2" rain on 15 June with a "trace" on 1 other day since then. No rain otherwise. We are at 44% of normal precipitation in 2021 for this time in July. And, for a place that receives only 16¼ inch of precipitation through an entire year, this means "extreme drought."

No afternoon highs have been below 90°f (32°C) since 21 June with several daily and all-time records. No days over the next 7 are forecast to have highs below 90° and may be above 100° (38C) once or twice. This is right at 2000 feet elevation and just over 1° of latitude south of the US/Canadian border.

There are several wildfires burning within about 100 miles from here. Fire Season Early

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was about 1/2" rain on 15 June with a "trace" on 1 other day since then. No rain otherwise. We are at 44% of normal precipitation in 2021 for this time in July. And, for a place that receives only 16¼ inch of precipitation through an entire year, this means "extreme drought."

No afternoon highs have been below 90°f (32°C) since 21 June with several daily and all-time records. No days over the next 7 are forecast to have highs below 90° and may be above 100° (38C) once or twice. This is right at 2000 feet elevation and just over 1° of latitude south of the US/Canadian border.

There are several wildfires burning within about 100 miles from here. Fire Season Early

Steve

other than the wildfires you are are where we were a few weeks ago. just one of those grin and bear it times, get up early, get stuff done outside while you can and then siesta the rest of the day.

i'm so sorry about the poor air quality though, that has a significant impact on life. i know for sure that if i had wild fires around i'd have to move... :(

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I’d gladly send some rain your way. We had a rare dry day yesterday but we had a store blow in around 5 this evening and we got about 3/4 of and inch in 30 minutes. We’ve also got another storm that’s supposed to move in later tonight.
The photo is of the storm that blew in earlier.
A983B107-7276-49E5-90DB-26301A9711D2.jpeg

Latest posts