Your Weather, 2021

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
For me down here at 11:00 this morning as forecast
Temp = 89 F (32 C), Dew Point = 78 F (26 C), Humidity = 69%, Feels Like = 102 F (39 C).

I can believe that, it's steamy when I step outside. If a forecast scattered thunderstorm hits nearby this afternoon the temperature should drop a few degrees so the feels like is only 100 F (38 C).
Crazy, that is almost exactly the same forecast for Davenport, IA today!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I learned a new adjective this morning, "slumberous." @Marie2020 's dog is slumberous because of the heat. Marie is not ... but, may need a day napping when her weather cools.

We had some rain, yesterday morning. All of .07 of an inch. By 10AM, I was out mowing the lawn and didn't even have wet shoes when I finished. Some locations had more rain but they were few and the storms came with lightning strikes, so ...

Initial higher humidity meant that the smoke was more noticeable at first but the odor decreased as the air cleared. The WS tells us that this will not continue through this much cooler day. Right now, it's 53°f (12°C) so I'm pulling some outside air through the house at a slower rate than lately. May not need the AC this afternoon. The Weather Service was a little off on recent high temperatures - it was the low 90's instead of the high 90's. I hope that their prediction for the weekend is a similar too pessimistic forecast of high 90's.

Going out shopping this AM. Don't want to waste these cooler hours indoors. Trips to garden may be on the same schedule as 2020, dependent on both temperature and smoke.

Steve
I have to take a nap, the heat won't allow a normal sleep pattern. So it was me old pooch and the cat grabbing zzzz's this afternoon.

I got all my chores done early morning then got my lad out for a little walk as soon as all the watering and shower was done.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i hope they won't as i didn't think it normally got that dry there that wildfires were common? i don't ever recall in my lifetime a single weather report of a wildfire in the UK. aside from fires in cities have they happened (other than intentionally set fires)?
There has been, the worst was in the seventies but we get arsonists here, setting woods on fire.

One fireman I once knew almost died he had a near miss and lost his footing which almost took him down a mountain full of burning trees.

Last edited:

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Going out shopping this AM. Don't want to waste these cooler hours indoors. Trips to garden may be on the same schedule as 2020, dependent on both temperature and smoke.
That will likely be my routine as well, for the next week or so. High 80's / low 90's, with dew points in the upper 60's / low 70's. That heat is nothing compared to many of those here, but for those living in the North & adjusted to cooler temperatures, it is pretty uncomfortable. Dew point was 71 today, DW & I only stayed outside for a couple hours doing light work.

The silver lining is that provided they have enough water, the gardens grow like crazy in this weather. The dark cloud is... the weeds grow like crazy too. :barnie

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we missed most of the heavy rains last night and this morning, but it has sprinkled a bit and i watered most of the gardens yesterday so this is all ok with me. the forecast is for two days of chances of rains and then a return to hotter weather and more sunshine for a few days. all pretty much normal for us, except a bit more cloudy than you'd hope for a garden in the middle of summer.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
UGH, Temps are in the upper 80's and lower 90's with HIGH humidity. Making the heat index 100-105 ! Pls the smoke from distant fires has the AQI at 86. We seem to be in a holding pattern for the next week or MORE :( No rain in sight either. Thanks fully water tanks at garden are full. Weeds are taking over.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
UGH, Temps are in the upper 80's and lower 90's with HIGH humidity. Making the heat index 100-105 ! Pls the smoke from distant fires has the AQI at 86. We seem to be in a holding pattern for the next week or MORE :( No rain in sight either. Thanks fully water tanks at garden are full. Weeds are taking over.
I’m laughing at your last sentence. You should see my weeds! I picked all the Painted Mountain corn yesterday to finish drying for cornmeal. I think I’m gonna borrow Neigbor Robert’s riding lawnmower and just mow it all down. The ragweed and lambs quarters are over my head, firmly rooted and way beyond pulling up.

Latest posts