Your Weather, 2021

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Micro-climate, @Artichoke Lover ?

15° difference is A Lot! I check the volunteers on Weather Underground for local conditions. There are several that seem very consistent for years. However, one - I trust only for temperatures when the sun isn't shining because their thermometer must be a little too exposed to sunlight.

Forecasts. I have to go entirely with the Weather Service. However ... I use one for temperatures and rainfall and a different one for wind. It's location location location ... My home is exposed like the more distant weather station.

Oh, the Weather Channel owns Weather Underground so forecasts might be coming from meteorologists independent from the Weather Service but it would surprise me if they aren't all looking at the same equipment data. TeeVee, I take with the proverbial grain of salt. Accuracy combined with Entertainment ummm, not always either.

Steve

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@digitS'
We definitely seem to be in a Micro climate here. We seem to get more extreme temps both hot and cold here though I haven’t been able to figure out exactly what creates the micro climate. I should have clarified that when I speaking about a temp of 47F I was referring the temp at the local airport. We were probably closer to 39 here which is the temp I’ve managed to confirm it begins to frost at here.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we have a big swirly over Michigan now. with the mist, rain and fog coming from due north it looks like it is snowing out there now, but it's just rain. it got down to 49F last night. Mom was sick of her ironing not drying out yesterday that she turned the heat on for the first time this season. the humidity is still high. i may just stay in bed all day (not really but my perch is nice and comfy for such emergencies like this plus it is also my couch and recliner in my little room here so ...). :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Later this morning the weather turn really hot and sunny.

This evening dark clouds appeared, it looked like something out of a count Dracula movie minus the thunder lightning and rain

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's feeling really cold here tonight and yet i just saw a flash in the sky, sort of like lightning. That's a first for me seeing lightning on such a cold night :hu

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was never above 61°f (16°C), today.

The house thermostat was set this morning and there was heat from the furnace now and then through the day. I'd had it on a couple of times earlier in the month but the old house was holding warmth well. There was some rain last night and a lot of chilly wind 🌬️! I suspect that the outdoor temperatures will drop into the 30's, tonight.

The melons and, really, all the vining plants are on their way out out out! More than half of the Petit Gris de Rennes melons are still out there, still green. There's still some hope for my second planting of bush beans with their tiny pods. The bean plants can continue to act like it is warm even if they won't take a frost. The late-planted snow peas aren't likely to produce anymore than tendrils for the 2021 kitchen. It shows how everything returned to near-normal in late summer after all the earlier 🔥 heat. A terrible pea season at both ends of the growing year.

Steve