Your Weather, 2022

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Temp’s stayed above 32 so part of our big snow was just a nice sprinkle. It’s snowing now. Supposedly 10+”. It’s going to have to get after it to do it. I’m good with just a few inches.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A flood watch was issued overnight. I can still smell smoke but it’s not as dense as it was last night. Still haven’t figured out where it’s coming from. If someone set the roadside on fire again we’ll probably see it in the way to town this afternoon. It’s supposed to rain near constantly between now and Friday morning so wherever it is on purpose or not it will be out by tomorrow morning.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My cat is angry this morning. Since the foster kitten is on crate rest his access too kitten chow has been cut off. He is not pleased about being left with nothing but his diet food. He’s attempting a hunger strike in response. He’s also making it difficult to get any work done.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My cat is angry this morning. Since the foster kitten is on crate rest his access too kitten chow has been cut off. He is not pleased about being left with nothing but his diet food. He’s attempting a hunger strike in response. He’s also making it difficult to get any work done.
Whoops, wrong thread lol.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mom is outside to get some fresh air and exercise and shovelling some of the snow. i told her i'd wait until tomorrow but she wanted to go outside anyways. she said that if she's not in for a long time to come look for her because she wants to make a snow angel but would not be able to get back up. so i will look for lumps in the wrong place. we joke like this all the time, she won't make a snow angel. i can do one for her but then i probably won't want to get back up either. not because i can't but because it would be too easy to want to take a nap in the comfy snow - eventually i'd get too cold.

i don't think we've had over three inches yet. forecast is for six or more. we'll see, sometimes we're kinda on the edge of things and we can get not much or more or less than expected. i guess weather or not whether or not or whatever or not. :) it's all ok. i'll get some shovelling in eventually. that's good. the exercise is always appreciated. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interested in @seedcorn updating through tomorrow :caf.

We have now had snow in the yard since 16 December, piled in places. Open areas, it has sublimated or melted. It doesn't mean that the ground has thawed. Before our recent temperatures in the teens, I carried a shovel out into the backyard beds. Needn't have bothered - soil is like concrete, even on a sunny afternoon in a full sun spot.

Not much of that sunshine this winter. No severe cold nor heavy snowstorms. It's just been the same-old/same-old week after week.

Snowing yesterday afternoon and we now have another inch. The WS tells us that it amounts to .03" of water. That old rule of thumb that 10" of snow = 1" of water, doesn't often apply around here. Semi-arid and cold, we might need 10" to have .3" of water. My outdoor broom has had as much sidewalk work this winter as the shovel.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Took weatherman advice, blew drive clean. Any where from 5” to 12” of wet, snow. Bring on today’s blast. Suppose to get 3-5” with 35 mph winds. Wet snow won5 move, powder puff will but easy to blow out. Ground was wet below snow.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We’ve gotten an inch and a half of rain here. The second line stalled so we are getting a break from the rain. Unfortunately they’ve issued a tornado watch south of us. My house isn’t in it but my work is. Dirt Mechanic is under the watch too.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@digitS' we picked up about six inches of snow here. on top of what we have the ground is well covered.

the deer that have been eating the cedar trees didn't make it past the end of the driveway this time as there were a lot of tracks out there when i was shovelling. i could see where they were wanting to get at the cedar trees more so i piled up more snow around the trees. it might not do much for protecting them, but we'll see. i got the end of the driveway cleared and about half the rest of the driveway and also got the pathway to the propane tank cleared. we'll need them out here sometime in the next few weeks.

there is a little bit of snow still coming down, but nothing major predicted (i don't think - i've not checked the forecast again :) ).

Latest posts