Your Weather, 2022

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
warm and windy today, rain and then ice and snow predicted for tomorrow. i don't have to be anyplace so that is ok with me. some shovelling would do me good for exercise. we'll see what happens. all topped up on propane for heat so even if the power goes out we'll be warm enough.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the rain has melted most of the snow, but with the ground still frozen not much of it is likely to have soaked in. the field across the road to the west of us looks like a lake, which is normal for this kind of event. the field to the south looks like it has drained pretty well. i'm sure The River Nile is flowing well.

snow is predicted for today and this evening and then warming and sunshine through the weekend so it will probably not stick for long.

pretty much with all the rain we got last night and this morning it should have been a foot or three of snow and not rain.

we did not get much ice, which is great as that can make such a mess of the trees.

the wind was a bit gusty last night and the power did flicker a few times. the new backup power supply clicks when the power flickers and it also keeps a count of how many times it gets switched on. i know, it's very exciting stuff... :)

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Storm Eunice
It looks as though the UK is taking this storm seriously.

LINK

As it comes in, there will still be thousands in the north without electricity from the previous storm.

Sorta the Same Old/Same Old, here. Probably a sprinkle of rain or, maybe, a snow flurry if it comes early enough during the day. The full moon now is only a light above the clouds.

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Eunice has arrived

I'm so grateful she allowed me too let my animal's out early this morning and they have all been fed.

I'm about to get my hot water bottle made because we could lose our electricity soon. The rain is here so we are wet as per usual this week . It's been really cold here so just trying to stay warm

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Marie2020 ,

I saw a news video from the UK of a large garbage bin being lifted up by powerful, swirling winds. It was lifted higher than the houses and was carried over one house, perhaps to be dumped in a backyard or carried even further.

Steve
I saw that video too! I didn’t see where it was though. I thought it had been picked up by a tornado or something. It looked like something off of Twister.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought that the Met video would show that scene but I was just entertained by the presenter's butterfly green shirt :D. The predicted wind speeds were staggering , however!

The article talks about an average of 30 tornadoes a year in the UK! And that, the service is in contact with the U.S. Weather Service on how to be better prepared for them.

LINK forecast a couple of days ago.

Steve

Latest posts