Your Weather, 2022

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
A Sunny Day!

It's still not supposed to be as warm as yesterday; it was 45°f (7°C). That was the warmest day of 2022!

Soon ....

zbbq.png

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had measured the shadow of a 72” object at noon just before the winter solstice: It was 209" long. Yesterday (January 27), finally having sunshine at “high noon,” it was 162” long.
Shadow of 72" object at High Noon: 137 inches!

Last edited:

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We got almost 3 inches from the storm that came through 10 days ago. No precip since though, some areas north of here got some light snow last night though. Thursday we are supposed to have another round of storms come through on Thursday. It’s too early tell if they will be severe or not though.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
a few snow flakes gently drifting down. not many clouds out and the sun is shining, but up high it must be cold and humid enough to give us these flakes. i remember many years ago living way up north where it would be crystal clear out and not a cloud in the sky and the moon shining and i could go out walking and have snow falling. lake effect snow. warm and moister air coming in off Lake Superior and then once it gets over land it cools off and has to dump the snow somewhere. some nights it was so calm and quiet you could hear the snow as it hit the ground (aka other snow that was usually there :) ).

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
We get a "rinse, repeat" and then aNOTHER "rinse, repeat" is predicated.
Tonight, we are getting 50 degree F rain, 5 PM, then heavy rain tomorrow morning, mix of ice, snow and sleet for a few hours around noon, then 3-5 inches of snow on top.
My horses spent 3 days straight in their stalls. THEY are frustrated. I left them outside until 8:30 last night--less stall cleaning for me that way-- and then let them in to their stalls. (Now, "Mr.") Buster Brown went straight to his stall, Cindy Lou and Cup and Cakes decides to run the inner sanctum, then run back out to their around-the-barn-turnout and stare at me. I stared back. They broke, and walked into their stalls. How did they see my fierty darts?!?!?
Better night vision, I suppose.
Anyway, the horses could be stuck in their stalls aGAIN until Sunday afternoon, when it warms up to 52.
Next Thursday we expect to get 1-3 inches.
I guess it's better to an all out ice storm which we are prone to here.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We are brewing up for storm Dudley

I managed too get my lad out for his duties a while ago then we both raced (a fast hobbled) back as soon as we could. Yet it's been mild as regards the temperature

The wind is getting stronger by the minute. Usually the forecast is wrong but they just might have got it right on Dudley

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh dear. I've just heard we are in for another storm starting early on Friday morning. Storm Eunice. Dudley has just calmed down so got my boy out for a quick wee , he wanted too come in the moment we went out.

Latest posts