2011 TEG Giant Pumpkin Contest - JOIN US BY AUGUST 1ST!!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would recommend picking that cabbage and enjoying it with dinner tomorrow night. Once they split, they do not keep growing , in my experience. Instead they are open to more bugs and disease. I just ate my first split one tonight, stir fried with hot sausage...

ShortCircuitRanch2332

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
heres the 22 incher (that was 2 days ago so its bigger now)
8316_photo.jpg

heres the 21 incher
8316_photo2.jpg

I used an ant trap as a comparison (all I had in the garden at the time haha)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking good!! All my vines were invaded by vine borers. I really hate to stop growing pumpkins- but this does get depressing....

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I started my garden way to late this year ... my pumpkin "vine" is only a few inches big. Maybe next year because we'd LOVE to have a giant pumpkin beside our driveway.

Loving the pix and stories!

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
MyKidLuvsGreenEgz said:
I started my garden way to late this year ... my pumpkin "vine" is only a few inches big. Maybe next year because we'd LOVE to have a giant pumpkin beside our driveway.

Loving the pix and stories!
WELCOME!
(saw it was your first post)... you're still welcome to "hatchalong" with us if you want...

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I appreciate the invite but with all that's going on in my life, this isn't a good year. Love looking at garden pix and such. My garden is really sucky this year but I just don't have time for it. Those of you who know me through BYC and SS understand why! I've been meaning to join this forum and for some reason thought I did but ... today I checked then took the plunge. Guess I should have done a "newbie" thread!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Going through my garden today I noticed I've got a lot of little pumpkins setting on. Wish they were bigger varieties. Maybe next year I'll get to join the fun! :)

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here's a picture of my pumpkin as of today. It actually was a volunteer pumpkin, don't have a clue as to where the seed came from. I wasn't planning on planting any pumpkins this year but I'm very appreciative that one came up. There were a few vine borers attacking the vines a few weeks ago, I managed to get them out and bury the vines so more roots would form, I didn't want the plant to die since theres a nice pumpkin growing on it. It seems to be doing well so far :fl .

Latest posts