2011 TEG Giant Pumpkin Contest - JOIN US BY AUGUST 1ST!!

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
LOL! I'm hoping!! The first planting is getting pretty tall and looks like it has the cob "buds" going! We got 20 plants from the first planting and 32 from the 2nd! Now if I can just keep the voles out of there we'll be good to go!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mine aren't meant to be "giant", but I thought I would post a pic of the pumpkin/gourd garden...

5947_veggie_garden_010.jpg

stepstephens2

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Lesa's also looks extremely well behaved. I'm envious! :cool: My pumpkins have become such a messy jungle that I can't even figure out which ones are growing on what vine... which is going to make it pretty hard to thin them out to one pumpkin per vine.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I decided to use a new patch of ground for them this year- because last year, they were such a mess! Since I had a big space, I really spread them out. That is a new practice for me, I am famous for overcrowding! I planted white pumpkins last year, which grew well and I really enjoyed. Unfortunately, I forgot to plant them this year. Oh well, there is always next year!

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I think I'm going to tear up the black plastic that surrounds my pumpkin plants in the pumpkin garden this year. I hate to weed but my boyfriend pointed out that my garden curcurbits did the best the year I didn't put black plastic down. He is right. (He usually is).

That's my project for today before it starts to rain, again.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
One thing I noticed about white pumpkins is their seeds are REALLY GOOD roasted :D My fried Abi and I bought 4 different pumpkin varieties, processed them and cooked the seeds. The seeds from the white pumpkin were the crispiest and tastiest. I forgot to plant mine too :p But the Blue Pumpkins I planted should be tasty too.

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
One thing I noticed about white pumpkins is their seeds are REALLY GOOD roasted :D My fried Abi and I bought 4 different pumpkin varieties, processed them and cooked the seeds. The seeds from the white pumpkin were the crispiest and tastiest. I forgot to plant mine too :p But the Blue Pumpkins I planted should be tasty too.
Blue pumpkins?!?!?!

Do tell.

I'm already writing my "want" list for next year.

Latest posts