2019 Little Easy Bean Network - Come And Reawaken The Thrill Of Discovery

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great news!! I thought I had lost Galupka (Baker Creek Doesn't carry anymore) but now my row of Blue Lake bush has lots of yellow in it, I must've accidentally combined the seeds since they look identical! I have some blossom-bagged, so I am happy to be able to save them and grow them out next year, maybe eventually share them because I can't find them anywhere else! They are a great yellow snap bean, not tough like Yellow Wax when a little older, very tender.

i've never seen a yellow/wax bean with a seed similar to blue lake so that would be a new one to me! :)`

i have a lot of new bush beans this year thanks to @reedy, and have hoped to get enough seeds of each of them to pass along to others. i'm not sure yet how much nature is cooperating but as usual hopeful. :) hard ot know for sure how many i can sample and try out before they finish. i kept a few of each so that just in case i have to try again next year i have a chance...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
An updated version, thank you for the suggestions
View attachment 32686

i would remove the heading Field Notes if space is needed for something else as it seems kinda redundant.

also would change Year to Planting Date.

add a line for notable disease or pest issues.

note for where/when sourced.

also note, there's no way i would get all that figured out in any one season. :)

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Bluejay77 , @flowerbug , @Zeedman and anyone else that I missed. I received an email from Annette's hubby. She is having some mobility issues so Forum browsing and computer work are difficult for her. She sends her love.

Sounds like she could have had a stroke. Hope she will improve over time.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

Latest posts