2022 Little Easy Bean Network - We Are Beans Without Borders

jbosmith

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
heirloomgal I know what you mean about getting a celebrity seed request in your mailbox. This past spring the food historian and author of a number of books William Woys Weaver sent me a seed request for the bean Weaver. His name has no connection with the bean but he has researched it's origin.

Apparently he liked them! I have some peas coming from Roughwood this year.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Got the news @Bluejay77 that the Fiesta beans from Sweet Rock Farm are going to arrive here soon. 📫I'll send them along with the extra network beans that can't go in the first box. 😉 I pm'ed you. I'm thinking it won't be too much longer and I can feel safe that the network beans will be dry enough to put in their plastic packets.

jbosmith

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Got the news @Bluejay77 that the Fiesta beans from Sweet Rock Farm are going to arrive here soon. 📫I'll send them along with the extra network beans that can't go in the first box. 😉 I pm'ed you. I'm thinking it won't be too much longer and I can feel safe that the network beans will be dry enough to put in their plastic packets.
All the cool kids are growing Fiesta beans next year. ;-)

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The bean hunt has begun, and I've found some neat new varieties. Edogava Zurunacki bush bean, Metis Tiger Red & White, Zelma pole, Indian Berry pole, Harwig''s Belgian Heirloom and some neat new soybeans.

Plus, I still have a bunch left from this past spring's orders, that there just wasn't room to grow this year. I have another order to put in at Hawthorn, I really want to try their Garden of Eden pole bean. Apparently it's got fabulous green bean qualities.

jbosmith

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That feeling you get when you think outside the box, start a trend... and suddenly find you are inside the box. :lol:
Like when @heirloomgal and I figure out that we ordered the same bean from the same farm within hours of each other? :) Also, the exchange right for Canadian seeds is pretty spectacular right now.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
That feeling you get when you think outside the box, start a trend... and suddenly find you are inside the box. :lol:
Sounds like me and those Indian luffa relatives I saw on Etsy. Since they are being sold for medicine, and not for growing, part of my questions about their ability to get through customs works out to, "Are the customs officers capable of having the same creative mind as me and seeing that the product COULD be used to grow plants even if that is not the purpose it is being sold for." The answer probably lies between "yes" and "no". A lot of getting interesting seeds lies in finding the "cracks" and "loopholes" in the import policies; just as a lot of the customs job is trying to find and plug those loopholes and cracks.

jbosmith

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The bean hunt has begun, and I've found some neat new varieties. Edogava Zurunacki bush bean, Metis Tiger Red & White, Zelma pole, Indian Berry pole, Harwig''s Belgian Heirloom and some neat new soybeans.

Plus, I still have a bunch left from this past spring's orders, that there just wasn't room to grow this year. I have another order to put in at Hawthorn, I really want to try their Garden of Eden pole bean. Apparently it's got fabulous green bean qualities.
My garden plans are already so full that I don't know where I'm going to plant everything I have!

Latest posts