Baymule’s Farm

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I drove 476 miles today, pulling the 16’ stock trailer. That is the farthest I’ve taken the trailer. I picked up 2 registered ewes and brought them home.

Their barn was at the bottom of a steep slope. I walked down it, scuffling loose gravel, hmmmmmm…….. Diesel truck, heavy engine, NOT 4 wheel drive, stock trailer. I looked at his tractor, one step above a riding lawnmower, that wouldn’t pull my truck up the hill. Nope. I’m keeping my truck in the driveway. So he took his little truck and small trailer to the barn. We loaded the ewes. He got a running start and made it up the hill.

He backed his trailer up to mine and the two ewes walked into my trailer.

3A73B16F-419C-46D4-945A-BF95E787E47C.jpeg

My AC wasn’t cooling, so had the windows down, radio up loud, blowing it down the Interstate. Hot. Sweaty. Oh well.

Got home at 5, left 6:30 this morning. I had to back the trailer close to a pen. Then I made a chute with 2 half hog panels. See that aerobic sprinkler head sticking up? I did not back over it and squish it. It’s still there and still works. I didn’t hit the cow panels on the other side either. The ewes walked out of the trailer and into the pen. I was kinda proud of myself. I’m getting the hang of this trailer stuff.

F471937C-0A4F-438C-B4A1-B81FA9EC24AB.jpeg

This is the 4 1/2 month old ewe, she will be bred next year.

0C75F150-E620-4EC9-9609-752BFCF271F7.jpeg

This ewe is 3 years old and is a BIG girl.

FECFDD4D-62AA-4685-825A-77C72C81EB1A.jpeg

Neither one was interested in posing for pictures. They just had a 4 hour bumpy ride, it was HOT, they were tired, and wind blown. LOL

The dogs had to check out the new arrivals.

4DEB4146-6233-469E-B007-1434CD051CD7.jpeg

I’m tired. Supper was 2 pieces of bacon and a glass of chocolate milk.

Tomorrow is another day! I’ll be up at 5, feed sheep, go to farm. Chris is coming to spray everything with Kilz. Progress.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
After my painting job in 2021 that I thought would take 2 days, and turned into a whole WEEK, I appreciate the lovely painting prep that you have done!!
That is SO smart, bc now the old colors won't bleed through.
I dabbled at oil painting when younger. People don't know this, but artists begin by painting their canvas all white to prepare the surface so that it is clean and there are no blemishes.
Same thing with a room.
Just lovely!!
Can't Wait to see the finished product!! :love

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Walls are textured! Friends came yesterday afternoon at 3:45 and we rolled mud until 8:30. They got held up a few minutes on the road coming to my farm.

524B49A2-8FB4-408B-9BFF-8AF25EBA946C.jpeg

That’s so Trinity County.

I need to touch up corners where a roller couldn’t go, but it’s looking good. I rolled mud, Tommy came behind me and put the “finish” on it.

Today I go to Tractor Supply for treated wood posts, 5/6”X8’ $$$$$ and a 12’ gate. $$$&Got to fill up the diesel truck. $$$$$
And I’m going to buy PAINT!!!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
4 weeks today since closing. I bought paint yesterday, a 12’ gate, 10 more 5/6”X8’ treated wood posts, they are up to $16 now. I’ve got to touch up with drywall mud in the corners where a roller couldn’t get to, but basically I’m ready to roll out paint! I can’t wait to see paint on the walls!

I’ve got a little more wire to put up over some board corners where a dog or sheep could get through, and I’ll have the pasture ready. Got to get the cow panel pens set up and I’ll be ready to move sheep and dogs. Once I move them, I’ll stay in the house.

Got company coming 18-21, my friend Sarah and her 20 year old autistic daughter. She can help me move some small stuff, no idea which house we’ll be sleeping at. LOL

Latest posts