common sense is out the window

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
you never know might buy that property around the corner from you.....

Cool! I'll share my cheap labor pool with you then! Haha

So what are they doing for jobs? Or are they the wealthy ones?

Mostly ranching. Lots of range land. Coal and oil are up and down employers. The state is mostly blue collar.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
surrounded by idiots that dont listen down at work..... as i posted earlier one of our drivings hurt himself and i have been doing his job instead of mine for the last 6 weeks, no biggie but hate the o'dark thirty get up time...:he

where to start.. my helper best to call him "gilligan" " hate to say this about anyone, but he has 1 speed "granny slow"/the gift of gab/easily side tracked/interrupts while you are explaining/ does not complete on a easy list of things that has been left for him to do, with a bull sh*t answer on why it was not completed...:he

as i told him 6 weeks ago while i am out covering the driver you are in charge of maintenance, keep everything up and running, heres all the phone numbers to call if you have problems and they will walk you through it....no brainer

got a call last friday from the owner kind of pissy tone on why things are breaking and i am not fixing them ....um this is the first i have heard about these problems, if no one calls me i can not direct them to fix it since i am covering the driver out... a moment of silence, i forgot your covering him. would you please fix them when you come in from the route monday....ok

heres the rundown of problems...
1. week long problem with a chamber not working correctly, yesterday got in early< theres gilligan/shop foreman/ and a continental guru trying to figure out the problem........ after hearing all their stories and opinions.<everyone has a opinion and a as*hole it dont matter to me> opened up the cabinet, well duh theres the problem the input plc card is bad. rolled my tool box over shut the power off swapped the out the spare plc card with the bad one. turned the power back on. how about that worked just fine after that.<so much for a guru> another waste of space...........:he

2. the buffer sidewall motor kicking out the key, "gilligan" ordered a 800.00 motor for it. lookie there the actuator has a crack in it thats why it keeps kicking out, yup they bought the motor and can not return it since <they the parts house consider used now> lord dont what to know how much thats going to cost...oh well got to have it...... < and this is after i told gilligan to check for a crack>......:he

3. final inspection throwing it's chain, well order all the gears and chains for it......gilligan only ordered a single gear for it.... wtf so i spent 2 hrs replacing this one gear this morning... now have to come back in next weekend and replace just not those other gears on it but all the others on the other machine as well.:he

4. extruder not running a full cycle.... "gilligan" i never had time to call.....:he that was a 20 second fix...

5. the powder coat gun not working.... well duh theres your problem they damaged the wiring to it....yes it was replaced this morning.....:he

6. aluminum wheel polisher out of alignment... was told it has been out for weeks...... gilligan just remember about it today....:he yes back to alignment.

the best part of this saturday was to arrange to have my roofer and my specialized welder come in... two more problems taken care of....

the worst part was my office it looked like a bomb went off in it, i mean crap everywhere. it will take a couple days to clean and reorganize it to a point of what i have ,whats missing, and whats needs to be reordered. plus who knows what else is wrong that i have been not informed about.....

in closing............. i love my job.:somad .............come on powerball:pop

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
rats missed hitting the jackpot by 6 numbers..looks like i still have to work with "gilligan's" well at least till next tues or wed drawings...:fl

@Carol Dee .. i dont know guess they would have to hire a new maintenance person...IF i am still in the area they can hire me on a as need bases and i would not be cheap....

@seedcorn ...darn tooting just might come visit you....:frow well heck just might come visit everyone.:frow:frow

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major ... how come the owners of the business DO NOT have a monthly performance evaluation meetings with all of their empyees individually and personally? Those that really do their jobs well get bonuses, the gilligans get pink slips . Business becomes more profitable and employees get their share in better work environment and bonuses. :idunno :hu :caf

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major ... how come the owners of the business DO NOT have a monthly performance evaluation meetings with all of their empyees individually and personally? Those that really do their jobs well get bonuses, the gilligans get pink slips . Business becomes more profitable and employees get their share in better work environment and bonuses. :idunno :hu :caf

bob they do have monthly employee meetings and there is the question " is there anything that needs to be fixed at your station! 99% of the time nobody says a word....
for a while the shop employees where getting a production goal bonus, with that said nobody said a word, so they could get their bonus and finally when it did break or got caught producing a bad tire then they would say it just happened... so they stopped the bonus program. now they just write them up twice after that their on the street. still does not help.
of course when i do find something wrong "you cant stop production unless its broken beyond producing"... double edge sword mentality......grrrr

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember years ago home depot did employee profit sharing. The second you walked in the door a employee ran up to you asking if they could help. God I miss those days. I did find one of the best ways to now get HD employee, start climbing up their rolling ladders, people in orange coming running from every direction

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was at HD the other day and they were out of the item I wanted, but it was stocked up above the display shelf beyond reach. I was seriously considering doing the ape woman thing and climbing up to get it, was evaluating which shelf to start on when an employee appeared and ask if I needed help.
Dang! Now they can read minds!

Latest posts