common sense is out the window

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was at HD the other day and they were out of the item I wanted, but it was stocked up above the display shelf beyond reach. I was seriously considering doing the ape woman thing and climbing up to get it, was evaluating which shelf to start on when an employee appeared and ask if I needed help.
Dang! Now they can read minds!

now thats :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: dw and drove to lowes this morning to buy some 3/4" clear poly hose so i can transfer some diesel, no 3/4" on the floor ,but theres a spool above, hit the help button, waited and waited finally somebody showed up... i need 8' of 3/4" hose.... they looked down and said sorry we're out... uh you have a spool right up there.. theres not a ladder handy can you come back later... um the paint dept has one 2 aisle over<yes i just happened to look down the aisle>. sorry as*.. got my 8' looked for threaded poly barb connectors nope, but above hit the button again same sob came over.. i see your out but you have a box above i need 2 of them, he had to go back over to the paint dept and get the ladder....anything else? no thank you..

boy going to the box stores is starting to be a headache.....

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is a hint... at checkout, the cashier always asks if you would like to have your receipt e-mailed to you. If you do , they sell your e-mail information and you can expect from 100+ offers from other venders that may be similar to what you had just purchased. :rant :he

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is a hint... at checkout, the cashier always asks if you would like to have your receipt e-mailed to you. If you do , they sell your e-mail information and you can expect from 100+ offers from other venders that may be similar to what you had just purchased. :rant :he

glad I always as for the paper receipt only.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Major your a more patient man then me. If I needed something and employee could not be bothered getting ladder, I would be screaming for store manger!!!
Yeah, but you can bug the chit outta them by playing by their rules.... :lol:
Make 'em work for their paycheck :plbb

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
omg what a day drove to columbia sc heavy rain and high winds, thank goodness for having a full load both ways...

okay had 5 calls on the way down never answered them both hands on the wheel....got down there returned the calls all from gilligan

1. low air pressure i checked the compressors both say they are running the new says it's running loaded .
okay whats the temperature ? 87* and 121 psi...
take the rear cover off and remove the cover between the airend and the motor and call me back..
ok got open what am i looking for? what is it doing? the motor is turn and theres orange plastic everywhere,
call the compressor people and tell them the collar has snapped..<thank goodness its covered by the maintenance agreement>
somebody is going to be there late tonight and it ain't me....

what else is wrong?
2. the tire inflators will not air up tires .... it will not work till they fix the compressor because it needs 140psi to work...<so much for smart air systems.>
if they are having a heavy mount day, isolate the area and hook up a service truck compressor "mark" knows how to do it..

what else????????? grrrrrr
i ordered all the gears.........<finally some good news>

what else??????
3. the side wall motor i replaced saturday is not working right. call tech support. by the time i rolled in at 3 this afternoon still not fixed, he has moved all the wires around per tech support.... looked at the old motor and the new one theres the problem the terminal block is in backwards so all your wiring is wrong.
dan has called mr.cook to come out and fix it. well let him know about the terminal block...
mr.cook is a very very smart electrician ... one of my mentors..

needless to say gilligan is a good person to do labor, but not fixing equipment <have a 50/50 chance with him>.

well at least i will be in-house tomorrow, feel a major headache coming on....grrrrrr

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well dang Major...I wouldda waved hello!! :frow iffin I'd knowed you'd be so close by. I am merely 45 minutes west of Columbia SC. Yeah, it was a bit bumpy yesterday. We got 3.2" rain, and leaves down all over, as well as small limbs. I don't mind....not needing any real hurricane excitement.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well dang Major...I wouldda waved hello!! :frow iffin I'd knowed you'd be so close by. I am merely 45 minutes west of Columbia SC. Yeah, it was a bit bumpy yesterday. We got 3.2" rain, and leaves down all over, as well as small limbs. I don't mind....not needing any real hurricane excitement.

hopefully next monday will be my last trip for a while they hired a driver, so for the rest of the week i have to show him the stops...
heck i have a couple hours to kill maybe drive up and we can have breakfast somewhere.?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
my day in house.....

the compressor person showed up at 11:30 with the right collar.. thank goodness it was a light mounting day..

the electrician showed up at 8 took him about 2 hours to fix that problem.

gilligan ordered and installed the wrong type of solenoid valve on the eps dump, so lost a whole chamber load of tires, got called into the owner's office and i took most of the blame. ordered the correct valve will be in tomorrow morning....

started clean/organized my office...

left a new list of things for gilligan to do for the rest of the week.....

Latest posts