common sense is out the window

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well well sounds like i will be going to my next project soon..grrrrrrr :rant:rant :somad :somad really right as the gardening season starts...:he
the owner brought another retreader out in murfreesboro,tn. he has asked me to out and replace all the 400 watt metal halide high bays<210 of them> and 25 outside wall packs replacing all of them with led fixtures....
really as large as that place is there's no maintenance person?????????
it's a no brainer to replace them.....
lighting voltage is 277vac with a 15 amp twist lock plug.
so your line voltage colors can be....
brown,orange,yellow to the brass colored terminal of the plug. wire one of those 3 colors to the black wire on the fixture.
your neutral will be gray, to the silver colored terminal of the plug, wire that color to the white on the fixture.
your ground will be green to the dark green terminal of the plug. green for green.

contacted lighting vendors here and out there... so far the best quote for all those fixtures come to about $46,000. he want fixtures that will last.
18,000 lumens
5,000 kevin
80,00 +lifespan
and all high bays with ir sensors.

you know by the time he pays for my travel/room/food it's a wash by hiring a company to do it..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
how about that today was monday ...grrrrrr
got a call at 4am both compressors not working the exhaust fan not working ,the air drier not working,cooling tower not working and the room has the smell of something burnt.... half a sleep< so no power?>
yes ......
good okay will be there in 45 min....
thinking on what could cause everything to shut down, the only thing i could think of is a snake getting into the breaker panel, got down there and all you could smell was burnt wire, pulled the cover off the panel all good... went to the main electrical room the main breaker for that panel was tripped, reset it.
was able to get the exhaust fan, air drier,cooling tower and the back up compressor to run...

so now we have air...good. opened up the main compressor, theres the problem the 125 hp motor is hotter that a pistol.. got my amp meter got readings of 49.56 amps per leg <way way to high> should only be .5 amps if at all...

called the compressor company got a hold of the service manager told him of the problem, he asked for a p.o. <i dont need a p.o. since it's under warranty..
no sir your warranty ran out 7 years ago.....

no we have a service agreement and it covers everything...
from what i see the only thing covered is the air end and we only provide filter and oil service...

then why are we paying you 333.33 a month
let me talk with my manager and i will get back to you....

in the meantime pulled out our contract, still good till 8/13/2018 found their fax number and faxed the contract to them.. called back of course the service managers phone went directly to voicemail..twice

the main manager finally called back..
sir the motor is not covered....

send you a fax you might want to look at it.... about 30 mins later the main manager called me back..
sir i see you have a service agreement with us but it does not cover this...
i have read over the agreement page for page line for line ..we are covered, have you reviewed the agreement that i sent..?
no let me check....

was put on hold....crappy hold music.... he finally got back
sir it's not covered...

please look at the first paragraph, it clearly states bump to bumper coverage thats means from a light bulb to a motor, and you can clearly see i have always called when theres a problem according to the agreement in my records for the last 11 years...
sir i will need to call the corporate office on this... in the meantime will send a service tech out to you....
okay....

45mins later the main manager called back on a conference call with the home office....
<home office person> sir the motor is not covered...
um what part of bump to bumper coverage dont you get?.. why are we paying you 20,000 for a 5 year service agreement..... have you read the agreement?
<home office person>...no

25 mins later the home office and store manager on a conference call to me......
sir you are 100 % correct you do have a bumper to bumper coverage, we will be shipping you a new motor should be there sometime tomorrow, we are sorry for any misunderstanding, we will honor the agreement .....

thank you hung up the phone and all i could do was this:rant dumb f$#%^&&***)))^%$$&&&'s:he:he:he:he:he:he:he

here's the 1st paragraph in the contract.......

IMG_1558.JPG

the service tech finally showed up did his evaluation of the motor, um the motor is shoot......well no sh!t surelock , will be back on monday to replace it...

what part of complete coverage don't these people get....

IMG_1563[1].JPG

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
so many people would not push it like you did and that is what they'd hope for... sadly enough other people just plain forget they've got such contracts due to changes in staff, misplaced files, etc.

TGIF Major. hope the weather is nice down there this weekend. :)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
holy crap the new motor showed up today... the bad news they shipped another "weg" motor they are made in brazil.. this will be the second one installed in less than 2 years, it's like putting a yugo engine in a cadillac..nothing but trouble will come of it.... junk

Latest posts