common sense is out the window

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
9am yesterday got a call from the g/m at the 49 store<thats where we remodeled the building last winter> he told me the outside water hydrant was leaking all the time, okay no biggie since i was sending gilligan to lowes to go over there and check it out. he called and said it was leaking at the lever and out the hose connection.
asked him to double check the irrigation box next to it that the valve does in fact shut off the hydrant...

45 mins later he found me, asked him does that valve shut it off.....
i dont know they needed the shop vacuum to clean out a tire and theres a sink on top of it.....

so you did not follow through on finding the valve...
nope it's getting close to lunch time...
:he:he:he:he:he ....
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

get the lowes card we are going to miss lunch, looked on online got the item# what aslise and bay the repair kits are. send him on his way, was putting out another problem had to drive to the other side of town to get a switch.
a little sideline story...
gilligan and another employee go to lunch at exactly at 11 am every day <you can set your watch by them>

got out to the 49 store, he had a pipe wrench turning the whole hydrant......

stop stop...to late water gushing out of the ground...:he:he:he:he:he:he:he

walked over the city water box and had to shut off the whole building.. found a shovel and handed it to him...
start digging!!!!!!!!
why
because you just unscrewed the whole hydrant without shutting off the water.... off to the shop get some more tools and tape...
he was still digging when i returned....finally he got it all cleared out...
okay get the shop vac and start getting the water out of the box...

how about that theres the shut off valve....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

shut the valve walked over the city box turned it back on, great the building has water now...

taped the threaded on the hydrant screwed it back on,turned the valve on great no leaks at the connection. handed him the shovel put the rock back in first, then the dirt and pack as you go..

turned off the valve, tried to get the head off nope it was not budging, got the propane torch heated up the joint between the head and pipe, the head spin off with no effort....
now watch this is how you rebuild a hydrant.......took a total 30 minutes to do a complete rebuild....

looked at my phone it was 3 pm, so what should have been a 1 hour job took 5 hours...

got back and my g/m asked where have i been, explained to her the situation that gilligan created for not listening to what i asked...all she could say was "i am so sorry"

thank god today is friday, dont think i could deal with another gilligan fiasco.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
only took 2 years......
2 years ago we had company come out and replaced all the metal halide in the retread shop with led fixtures free of charge<a program though the power company, the catch why free they got to get the rebate for their labor. right off the bat i knew that the owner would not be happy, but figured it would be a losing battle to speak up.... they installed 65 104w 1x2 compact fixtures...

3 weeks ago he came up to me and asked me about why so dim in the shop.....
the fixtures are only 104w you need higher wattage, we have 50 fixtures leftover from murfreesboro and they are 154w w/motion sensors. before he could say anything..<when do you want me to start switching them out?>

when can you start have some very important corporate people come from continental coming in 2 weeks...
can start next monday and have it done by friday....

why monday???
my 40 hours are up in 2 hours..

do it......

before.....
IMG_2276.JPG
after......
IMG_2728.JPG

before...
IMG_2277.JPG

after...
IMG_2729.JPG

hell it looks so much brighter, still need another 15 fixtures to fill in the dim areas....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
such an idiot! Where do they come from???

i have made plenty of mistakes over the decades, i am not perfect never will be... just highly anal on the way things need to be done.

but this person,<and i am sure you have a couple that you know, when you are talking they start interrupting while your talking>like they know exactly what you wanting them to do. but in the long run they don't have a clue and you have to go behind them...

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last week I was in home depot they where having a sale on light bulbs multi pack $5. When I changed them out I was amazes at how white the light was. The old bulbs where a much yellower light. I like the new light so much better went back bought more and changed every indoor bulb.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last week I was in home depot they where having a sale on light bulbs multi pack $5. When I changed them out I was amazes at how white the light was. The old bulbs where a much yellower light. I like the new light so much better went back bought more and changed every indoor bulb.
Great buy NYboy... however, they do not last as long as claimed. I just exchanged 8 dead HO bulbs at Clark County Utilities for 8 LED bright white bulbs. Just saying. :caf

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some thing very strange about me a bulbs. None last very long at my house no matter how long their manufacturer claims they should. Just this morning going to my car a double stoplight had 1 bulb burned out I swear I replaced both in spring. This is a dusk to dawn light that stays on all night

Latest posts