DH

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Big hugs. Sometimes we just have to take life's blessings in very small increments. What a blessing for your daughter that her father is at her wedding. What a blessing to have your family together on this wonderful day. Sending good thoughts and prayers to you.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, DD is married. DS pushed the wheelchair and I walked beside it. At the front, DS helped DH walk a few steps to DD. The pastor talked longer than I thought he would before asking who gives this woman in marriage, but DH stood, but could barely say her mother and he was supposed to say her mother and I, but he said mother and finally got out father. Then, DD kissed him on the cheek and walked forward with groom. DH turned to walk back to the wheelchair, and I knew this would happen. He started to fall and groom's father, DS and I caught him before he hit the ground and DB got the wheelchair behind him. I think it really strained him. We stayed for cake and took him home. Later he had to use the walker to get to the bathroom. Has not had to use it yet. He slept all night and seems stronger today, very confused, but stronger. Wedding went well. My young 17-year-old DS getting ready to walk his sister down the aisle in place of their daddy and then picture of DD and new husband walking back down the aisle married.
rachel and Jacob.jpg
married.jpg

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glad everything went well. I can imagine how taxing it must have been for your husband. I'm so glad that he was there for your daughter's big day. Years from now, it's going to mean even more to her.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Priceless!

So proud of your DH for getting through a tough day with flying colors.

He deserves to be a bit bushed the next day. I'll bet the bride and groom are tired out as well. Such festivities take a lot out of a body in (sometimes unknown) tension.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words. Bride and groom are on honeymoon traveling to Oregon and will be back Friday. I was hoping to have a quiet week this week, but DH is getting stronger and moving around more. He fell this morning trying to take the stick out of the patio door to let the cat in. I came a running. He is alright, but later I saw him getting up off the couch and I said where are you going now and he said outside. I fixed a chair on the porch and I cut the dead branches off my honeysuckle bush and he watched. He feels better, but really has no business walking far alone yet.

Latest posts