DH

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
He's making it to the wedding on his own two feet! That's wonderful!

He is amazing strong to have gone through all this. I was thinking about how he was raised in Oklahoma and the heat and hard work. For extra money as a young kid he would pick cotton. He roofed houses, worked in the oil field and I think all this hard work helped him get through all this. His grandmother lived to be in 100s. His mother is 83 and she said to me the other day that she thinks this year they are going to have to get help with cutting trees. She said she thinks she is getting too old to CLIMB trees. I guess she climbs up and does something with a rope.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, today is the wedding rehearsal of DD. We did not make it. I am staying home to take care of him. I just do not know what to think. The neurosurgeon's nurse thinks he will regain his strength and will take time with the brain. He sleeps a lot and is so tired. I think part of it is this steroid. His face and neck are huge and his stomach. The suit rental had to go up to a size 42. This is a guy that normally wears 32 x 32 jeans. The man measured his neck and said "HOLY MOLY' he now has a 17 inch neck. This is in a short period of time. He is just now starting the steroid taper. I had him try on the suit pants to make sure they fit and was telling him DS is bringing some food back for us after the rehearsal and he said okay. Later, he asked, "Who is getting married tomorrow?" He is not going to be able to walk down the aisle. DS will walk her and DH will be in a wheelchair in the front and when DD gets there then DH will stand up and walk over a few feet to give the bride away. I have a feeling DS will have to help him even do that. He is so tired. Here is the father of the bride. The pictures at the wedding tomorrow will look nothing like him.
All.jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry Mary. :hugs He is a very handsome man. I like the picture of him carrying the log on his shoulder.
I hope he returns quickly to the strong guy he was before his illness. God bless you.

Your daughter is so pretty, and I'm sure her wedding is going to be a beautiful event.

I'm praying for strength for you all, you are going through so much. :hugs

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are some really great pictures, GWR. Your husband sure is a handsome fella. I take it that's your daughter in the top right. She'll be such a beautiful bride! Praying her big day is blessed with much joy and goes off without a hitch. Your poor hubby has not had much time to recuperate. I'm sure it will be a very tiring day for him, but I'm so thankful he is able to be there. Wishing you all a day of great happiness tomorrow!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
The picture with DD is in 2010 and the picture with the log is 2014, the year before he was diagnosed with cancer. It will be a long day, but at least it quit raining. It is outside. Here is a picture of DD now and my future son-in-law. Thank you for the prayers and well wishes.
pretty picture.jpg

Latest posts