Discombobulated

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

my visit to the local store yesterday tells me that enough people are not wearing masks and in the case of the store employees none of them had their masks on correctly at all (all younger kids not taking it seriously - no supervision that i could see) - about 1/3 of the people in the store had masks on (contrary to state law).

i heard from my relative who works as a doc for the ER of a local city hospital, i send them an e-hug note once in a while and they said that up until this past week they'd not had too many new cases but that this week it picked up again - hoped that it wasn't going to get worse again, but ... ghods, can't imagine what that is like to deal with...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Texas now has more daily coronavirus cases than Italy when it was a global epicenter of the pandemic. :(

i check the numbers every day when i get a chance to see how things are going for the world. up until last week the USoA had severe and critical cases hovering around 7,500 - 8,500 for a few weeks and it was starting to go down. now it is 16,600. i'm not sure how or where these numbers come from.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I guess that I'm going with the mop-top:

20200318110847%21The_Beatles_i_Hötorgscity_1963.jpg

DW laughed for a couple of minutes then shrugged her shoulders and smiled at me.

I can cut my own hair only like this and only in the front. DW has to cut it in the back. If she does the cutting all the way around, it's still like this.

There is not as much hair as what was available in the 60's and I didn't then subscribe to the mop-top style. I was already committed to the pompadour. Mom was a hairdresser. I didn't know it at the time but she wore what was considered a pompadour ;). But then, so did the rockers of the 50's. Supposedly, I looked like Buddy Holly (which actually made me a little uncomfortable, if'n you know his history).

By the time that the Beatles grew their hair longer, I was okay to follow suit but not for many years. Too uncomfortably bothersome! ... family hairdresser or not ;).

Steve

Latest posts