Discombobulated

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The king of Sweden has issued a rebuke of the current government LINK. He's with the general public on that - there is a record low of 34% confidence in the administration.

They relied on individual responsibility and very limited lockdowns. The effects of Covid-19 on Sweden has been very close to that experienced in the US and much worse than other Scandinavian countries.

The country is nowhere close to "herd," although that seemed to be a hopeful intention. Hospitals are overwhelmed in Stockholm and elsewhere.

Steve
Edit: New Deaths Comparison, Scripps Research in California

View attachment 38050
Nice graph. Really shows people going inside during cold weather and the effect fresh air can have in this situation.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
DW & I had been concerned about DS & his children, because they were socializing with the neighbors & allowing other children into their home. Sadly, our fears were justified - they have all tested positive now, and are in quarantine. :( The kids & DIL have minor symptoms, but DS has seen a doctor, and is now on antibiotics. We are praying for a quick recovery. Thus far, 3 of our 4 adult children & their partners, and 4 of 6 grand children, have had covid.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It tends to go in families or groups. My bother's family has been hit. Him, his wife, both daughters, the grandkids, the daughter's husbands, and the daughter's in-laws. Only three have been hospitalized so far, one in pretty serious shape.

Most of them were pretty cautious when out but not when with family. One was not cautious at all when out but they really don't know that it was her for sure. A lot of people in their church had it. It could have come from anywhere, you just don't know, But once it is in the group it spreads pretty easily.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
good news! one relative who had been in the hospital and ICU for weeks finally made it out to rehab, not sure what has to be rehabbed, but at least they are out of the hospital. i'm not sure of the exact number of days they were in where, but so glad to hear they made it out. the past few weeks we were waiting for the bad shoe to drop since they had been in there so long.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am relieved to know that now two vaccines are available for hospitals with the arrival of the more popular Moderna approval.
Ditto, and probably one or two more vaccines getting near to approval as well. There's finally some light at the end of that long, dark tunnel we've been stuck in.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ring out, wild bells, to the wild sky,
The flying cloud, the frosty light;
The year is dying in the night;
Ring out, wild bells, and let him die.

Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.

Ring out the grief that saps the mind,
For those that here we see no more,
Ring out the feud of rich and poor,
Ring in redress to all mankind.

Ring out a slowly dying cause,
And ancient forms of party strife;
Ring in the nobler modes of life,
With sweeter manners, purer laws.

Ring out the want, the care, the sin,
The faithless coldness of the times;
Ring out, ring out my mournful rhymes,

But ring the fuller minstrel in.
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't know German well enough to use it as a tattoo and wouldn't be surprised if someone corrects my use here, @Dirtmechanic ;).

The word "Schmutz" is probably not the common choice for "soil," as an example.

But, I just came across it and I like it 😀!

Steve
PS: maybe @thejenx can help me out here !
As I only got a little bit of German in school I had to use google just as you might do. It means dirt (soil) and can also be used to say something is dirty.

Latest posts