Discombobulated

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I could be "reading" too much into my second shot. First was easy and inconsequential. This one, in the other arm (they say to switch arms) is 25% more sore. I felt blah yesterday afternoon (24 hours later) and had to sit in the sun and drink herbal tea to get warm. Last night I had true insomnia - I went to bed at 9 (yes, early to bed person) and didn't fall asleep until one am. Rarely have insomnia.

I see a nap coming this afternoon, after I finish up planting four more foundation plants and dividing some hostas.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Take it easy, @Rhodie Ranch . For as long as you need to.

Something I was wondering about. It would be rather anecdotal and difficult for the real researchers to study but might a history of regular flu shots help with reactions to this new vaccine?

My 2nd dose is still a few days off but I couldn't think of any special reaction to the first. I realize that this is not a flu shot and prepared in a different manner but might the body be a bit more "lax" about a reaction from (for me) 30 years of annual flu shots? DD just had her first shot and both she and her SO report feeling strange, nothing much more.

Well, I'm hoping that my experience with #2 lives up to @bobm 's and I can just keep on, keeping on. (Obviously, hoping that DD's stronger immune system isn't an impediment to shrugging this off.)

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
cases going up by quite a few here the past few weeks. so again are hospitalisations. all over again. mostly younger people this time because a lot of the older at risk people have been vaccinated.
Not enough time to turn this around but Michigan seems to be doing fairly well recently with vaccinations LINK. The residents have had a hard time of it but 2,971,352 vaccinations in today's numbers and that is out of a population of about 8 million. Sad number of deaths, no matter LINK

Washington State is nearly of comparable size with 7.6 million people. The vaccinations now number 3.7 million. "Washington state's economy has weathered the coronavirus pandemic better than any other state in the nation ..." according to KOMO, the Seattle television outfit and WalletHub. I guess those might be trusted sources. WalletHub has done that nationwide analysis several times over its existence. That WA State is anywhere close to the top is "stunning." The very first outbreak was in a Seattle area nursing home and then it spread outward. (I'm sure that there are plenty of people in the great state of California who wish that western state didn't have such a laid-back attitude. I was reading not long ago about riots in San Francisco during the 1918 epidemic.)

Steve

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not enough time to turn this around but Michigan seems to be doing fairly well recently with vaccinations LINK. The residents have had a hard time of it but 2,971,352 vaccinations in today's numbers and that is out of a population of about 8 million. Sad number of deaths, no matter LINK

MI is not going to turn it around any time soon if detected new case numbers and hospitalisations keep going the way they are, 8000+ new cases detected in the last day. hospitals starting to get full again. the hardest indicator of trouble to see is the rate of ventilator use because some %age of those people are going to die.

yes, sad, continues to be for many reasons.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interesting how "journalists" from RT (Russian state owned media) ..

. are again seen as sources for valid information ..

. by some Americans.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Something I was wondering about. It would be rather anecdotal and difficult for the real researchers to study but might a history of regular flu shots help with reactions to this new vaccine?

i don't think so because the SARS-COV-2 virus is not a flu virus.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interesting how "journalists" from RT (Russian state owned media) ..

. are again seen as sources for valid information ..

. by some Americans.

if the news source is sticking to the five W's and not full of opinion pieces i'm ok reading them no matter where they come from. the tricky things with any news source is their overall selection of topics that they cover and if they seem to only be repeating things from other sources or if they actually have paid reporters of their own.

Latest posts