Free Mulch & Wood Chips Program

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Me neither. It must not have caught on or at least not in my area.

@Beekissed , do you still have a RR address? We used to, but a couple years back we were given a real street address when they made improvements to the 911 system to make it easier to find people's homes. I thought that affected everyone everywhere, but perhaps not.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Craig List has a wanted section and it is free. I often see people offering space for tree companys to dump chips only. You might also want to email all tree companys listed that you will take chips. They will be very fresh and might need to sit awhile.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Me neither. It must not have caught on or at least not in my area.

@Beekissed , do you still have a RR address? We used to, but a couple years back we were given a real street address when they made improvements to the 911 system to make it easier to find people's homes. I thought that affected everyone everywhere, but perhaps not.

Yeah...we have that "street address" and it was rejected before I even typed in the town that red warning note popped up. Didn't use commas either. Guess our "street" is still not considered a valid address?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, that's weird. I wonder what they use online to verify it? On Google maps, I have found that even the old logging road that I hunt mushrooms on has a road name now.

Sorry this site I found never panned out. I like Nyboy's idea though! Enough people use Craigslist that odds would be good too.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well it's not your fault it doesn't work Journey. Maybe they all realize they can sell those chips now. The tree company that I bought chips from advertises chips for BTE gardening. They have a pile of aged ones they sell for that. Seems to be pretty popular now.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sure, like everything else, now that it is catching on somebody is going to make a profit from it.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep. Sad when you think about it....before they had to pay the dump to take them and now they think they should profit from them. Wouldn't it be nice if they just settled for not having to pay to dispose of them?

Folks be greedy.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks for the link!

I was able to sign up. Maybe I'll be able to get some wood chips this way. Only thing is, when you click on the map, it doesn't take you to my house. It's near enough that the trucks should be able to find it.

Has anyone gotten wood chips through this program yet?

Jeremy Wilson

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip I just signed up for it should be good for compost too.

Latest posts